Quickest ways to add more fat?

Options
Bre0135
Bre0135 Posts: 7 Member
I'm super busy every day and what I'm finding is after dinner I will see I'm short fat in my diet. So then I try to add as much as I can without also adding protein. So what do you do to quickly sneak in those last few fat grams to make your macros back on target? (I'm already adding sour cream, & mct oil) Oh and the ideas I'm looking for need to be grab & go ones. I don't have time to be making a ton of stuff.... Thanks :)

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I've started doing bouillon cubes (cup of broth) and 1/2 tbs butter, you could also add in heavy cream too. Good luck!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil in coffee is great! Macadamia nuts are super high fat snack!
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I never seem to have problems with fat, I struggle to get enough protein. Feel free to friend me if you want to scan my diary. If an entry seems "strange", skip it - I may have been out of the country.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Carbs are a limit, protein is a goal range, and fats are to satiety. Fats are not a macro that has to be met. If you need more fats to feel full and satisfied, you need to include in your meals. Adding fat at the end of the day to try to meet a macro or calorie goal is not necessary. With this way of eating, most people without major metabolic dysfunction are able to return to normal hunger signals, and that should be the goal. If that is not realistic for you personally, you should figure out a proper calorie range, etc. Just remember that over any two week period, your hunger is not identical, so you will have days with upswing and eat more calories, and you will have days where you have downswing, and you just are not hungry much... This is normal. You should find a natural deficit average forming at the end of 1-2 weeks.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I hear what your saying but my body must be different when I wasn't paying attrition to fats and just focusing on carbs and protein I was loosing about 1 lb a week less than I do now that I try to stay close to my fat goals. But I do still eat very low carbs too so I'm sure that has somthing to do with it
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cheese and bullet proof coffee are big fat additions for me.
  • Bre0135
    Bre0135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know for me to lose consistently I need to hit my macros and my fat intake is the most important one. When I wasn't paying that much attention I would eat too much protein and then I wouldn't lose any weight. My Dr and I now know what works for me and it's hitting that high fat number. That's why I'm looking for easy add ins that can help hit that number.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Bacon. Eggs. That eaten as breakfast is 70% fat.

Coconut oil, butter. Whatever vehicle of choice for their ingestion - from coffee to broth to veggies to ___________

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I always saute with more coconut oil than I need. Also adding homemade mayo to many many things.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Search for fat bomb receipes. I have lots of ebooks with various flavors.
    They are mainly combination of coconut oil, and/or butter and/or cream cheese with additional flavors like peanut butter, chocolate, blueberry etc. I make a small batch & get 24 serves of a peanut butter cocao one. They are frozen & then eaten as needed.
    Some receipes have a sweetner which I am still learning how to pallet. Some rave that the fat bombs are their treat like desert.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Fat IS a macro to be met. 65-70% of calories. Coconut butter mixed with Almond Butter 50/50. mmmmmm....
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    My favorite ones are a base of:

4 oz coconut oil and 4 oz of butter melted together
    Stir in 8 oz of cream cheese, softened at room temp

From there: add 2-6 TBSP of "flavors" depending. Can also add vanilla.

Add sweetener to taste.

my favorite ones so far are cinnamon and chocolate - and lemon....
  • awisdom309
    awisdom309 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Carbs are a limit, protein is a goal range, and fats are to satiety. Fats are not a macro that has to be met. If you need more fats to feel full and satisfied, you need to include in your meals. Adding fat at the end of the day to try to meet a macro or calorie goal is not necessary. With this way of eating, most people without major metabolic dysfunction are able to return to normal hunger signals, and that should be the goal. If that is not realistic for you personally, you should figure out a proper calorie range, etc. Just remember that over any two week period, your hunger is not identical, so you will have days with upswing and eat more calories, and you will have days where you have downswing, and you just are not hungry much... This is normal. You should find a natural deficit average forming at the end of 1-2 weeks.
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

• wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I hear what your saying but my body must be different when I wasn't paying attrition to fats and just focusing on carbs and protein I was loosing about 1 lb a week less than I do now that I try to stay close to my fat goals. But I do still eat very low carbs too so I'm sure that has somthing to do with it

I'm diabetic, but my rate of loss definitely increased when I concentrated more on upping my fat consumption instead of protein.
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    put butter on EVERYTHING :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I like fat bombs or (my new favorite) cream cheese clouds for an evening snack, especially if I'm craving something sweet after dinner.
  • edyn_Blair
    edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use mayo on all my burgers. and also add 2-3 tablespoons of either coconut or flaxseed oil to my protein shakes
  • breezy178
    breezy178 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to this post but I recently created bulletproof tea that I drink in the evenings when I need more fat. I found a sweet cinnamon spice tea from Tazo. I brew a cup, remove the bag, then add a couple tablespoons each of grass fed butter and coconut oil. Sometimes I'll also add a shot of heavy whipping cream. I use my stick blender to ensure its emulsified. Then I like to add two drops of French vanilla stevia, although that's not necessary. But it tastes amazing and I get a lot of fat in quickly.

If I don't have time for that, I'll drink shots of grass fed heavy whipping cream, which I think is super delicious!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    breezy178 wrote: »
    I'm a little late to this post but I recently created bulletproof tea that I drink in the evenings when I need more fat. I found a sweet cinnamon spice tea from Tazo. I brew a cup, remove the bag, then add a couple tablespoons each of grass fed butter and coconut oil. Sometimes I'll also add a shot of heavy whipping cream. I use my stick blender to ensure its emulsified. Then I like to add two drops of French vanilla stevia, although that's not necessary. But it tastes amazing and I get a lot of fat in quickly.

If I don't have time for that, I'll drink shots of grass fed heavy whipping cream, which I think is super delicious!

Be careful drinking coconut oil that close to bed... It is considered high octane brain fuel and can actually interfere with your sleep...
  • breezy178
    breezy178 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I haven't had any problems with that so far. I sleep really well except for the fact that I have to get up to use the bathroom once or twice a night. SOOO much water lol. But I'm about 5 weeks in and I've noticed a stall in weight loss. I've only lost 4 lbs