Introduction, Friend Request

Options
Daveygirl1
Daveygirl1 Posts: 31 Member
Hi!

I'm new to the group and are looking for motivation and support friends.
I am 45, have a young daughter in elementary school.
Current Weight - 147.2 - yup, I own the ".2" :blush:
Heaviest Weight - 168
Goal Weight - 135, then re-access
Height 5'4

I'm looking forward to connecting!

Replies

• sweet_p
    sweet_p Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So, I've been a MFP member forever, but have never used it fully. Oddly, my weight keeps going up (imagine that!) I am married, working mother of three girls (12, 10, 8).

Current weight is 160 (highest ever non-pregnancy)
    Goal weight 130
    Height 5'2"

I need some support, but have to admit I probably won't be very committed until Jan. 1.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Sending requests.
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just sent requests to all three of you! I re-joined the site, and joined this group, yesterday.

I recently turned 40. I have four children, one moved out a couple years ago, and one is moving out in January, so I'm down to two in the house! They're teenagers, though, so... fun times! I work two jobs, and I'm extremely busy. I used to be fit and active, but I'm having a hard time finding the time now so I have gained it all back. :neutral:

Current weight: 229.8
    Highest weight: 238
    Goal weight: 150
    Height: 5' 7"
  • ThatGirl_1968
    ThatGirl_1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for some new friends too. I'm 47, married, working full time Mom of 14yo son & 15 yo daughter. I'm 5'4 and currently at 144lb (my profile is updated with my history).

Current weight: 144
    Highest weight: 155
    Goal weight: 130s
    Height: 5'4

I've been strength training since Aug and am trying to focus less on the number on the scale and more on how I look, feel, strong I am (although I still get ticked when that number doesn't move!!) I've converted to the early morning workout habit and find if I don't do it then it doesn't happen and when it doesn't happen I feel like crap - mentally and physically. So I'm trying to be really committed to my workout schedule and am still tweaking my diary settings and logging food tends to slide at times. Would love for MFP to become more of a social tool as well as a tracking tool :-)
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to this group. I am 47,married and have 2 sons, 8 and 9 years old who are very active. Also work full time.

Current Weight - 211
    Heaviest Weight - 222
    Goal Weight - 200
    Height 5'11

Sent a request as well.
  • Daveygirl1
    Options
    Great!
  • Daveygirl1
    Options
    I'm looking forward to all the support and motivation.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 45, married for 25 years with 3 kids (25, 15, 13). I'm on here quite often, and usually accept friend requests.

Current Weight - 199
    Heaviest Weight - 256
    Goal Weight - haven't decided yet
    Height 5'10
  • drkaybee
    drkaybee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am looking for friends. I'm 45 and am trying to get back to my goal weight. I use MFP every day to track calories, and I am a fitbit junkie. I am within 5 lbs of my goal, but my weight loss has slowed. A lot. I need some help to push through the all-too-frequent plateaus.
  • squitio
    squitio Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi, I am also newly rejoining mfp. It has worked well for me in the past. I would like to have some friends who have common goals. ....and perhaps some good strategies. My old strategies don't seem to work as well as they did 10 years ago.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    HI, I've been a member for a few years and am starting over AGAIN! :)
    Feel free to add me! I'm 43, mom of 2 teens, and need motivation! I also have a Fitbit, and am looking for motivation there too! I am 215lbs, and my goal is 130ish, so I have a ways to go!
  • CamelsForever
    CamelsForever Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to MFP. Mom of 2 teens. Got to my gal weight years ago but have crept back up.

Current weight: 198
    Goal: 145
    First goal is 10% to goal: 5.3
    Keeping focused on intermediate goals

Looking forward to getting to know people!
  • gtm5
    gtm5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am 40 yrs old and plan to get on track for a much healthier 2016 so I plan on being here often. I am 5'4", 140 lbs and first goal is 130 lbs.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm almost 46 & looking fw to connecting with other women in their 40s who are on this journey. I have two children (11 & 9). I hit goal after the second child w/WW but the weight has crept back on. I've returned to the gym after a break (2 weeks). I enjoy working out but I'm struggling with tracking & making healthy choices. Considering joining a women's strength training group at the gym.
    HT: 5'7
    CW: 193
    GW: 150
    Personal goals: to stop emotional eating, have more energy, enjoy clothes shopping again.
  • peggy2165
    peggy2165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Well it's New Years resolution time again!! I really need to get on track but need friends and awesome ideas for success. I am 47 with two kids both who have recently moved out. Some ideas on cooking for two would be great. Look forward to meeting new people.
  • Katab4
    Katab4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and I have been trying to take off a few pounds for a while, I think I am realizing I need some support and help with motivation. I know I probably gained weight over the holidays but I don't want to step on the scale.

I am a health care worker and I am passionate about animals. I log in everyday, but I don't always behave myself and complete my log ins...that's where I am hoping for motivators.

Please feel free to friend me, I need all the help I can get!!!!
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, I am 49 and have a mission to meet 199 by my 50th birthday
    I've lost some weight in 2015 and plan to continue to my goal this year. Would love to meet others who wish to do same.
    Really like meeting those who not only want to lose weight but transform themselves to fit and muscular. I am going to gym a lot and training hard to build muscle.
    love how it feels....
    Would love to have some new friends in same boat...totally dedicated to my MFP family and correspond as much as possible...also on IG for those who follow fitness peeps on there.
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ps....I'm open to friend requests from men and women...believe we are all in same boat at this stage of life!
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 years old, 5'3", have 3 kiddos (two teens and an 8-year-old). Heaviest was 164, now at about 158. Also aiming for 135 and then will reassess goals (want to increase muscle mass after dropping some weight).
  • iruninva
    iruninva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year but am looking to further improve on what Ive accomplished so far. My main goal is to run a faster half marathon this year than the first one I did last year(faster in my 40s than in my 30s!) and am kicking around doing a full later in the year.
    6'4"
    Currently 200lbs, shooting for 190lbs
    Feel free to add, esp if you run!