what's your New Years resolution?

Options
smelbo
smelbo Posts: 36 Member
Now that I have pretty much reached the weight I want to be, l need to find another new years resolution. This year, I am aiming for one stretch goal, and two more easily attainable.
Start volunteering - I retired recently, and definitely have more time on my hands. I have been a fortunate person, time for me to start giving back.
Stop interrupting everyone -This is my stretch goal. I need to start listening to people, I'll get my chance to put my two cents worth into a conversation.
Smile at everyone I pass by when I go for walks - the walking waswas one of last years resolutions that is now a habit. Now I just want to make it an even better experience
So...how about you? What are your resolution(s) for 2016?

Replies

• FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to:

1) lose these 12 lbs I put on over the past months and get back to my ideal weight.
    2) to be able to lift (bench press, shoulder press, dead lift, squat, etc.) my body weight (goal weight).
    3) to live an overall more active life (this will be a challenge since I work a desk job but I'm sure I can achieve it).
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You can still have a active lifestyle and work at a desk. It's all about wanting to live one; don't make excuses.

My nyr is to get my CPA license
  • smelbo
    Options
    Imaharidge - I am a retired CPA. ( Canadian ), it is a rewarding career, all of your hard work will pay off in the end, good luck with your nyr.
  • FitStrongHealthy
    Options
    @Imaharidge, I only meant that I've allowed my desk job to get in the way of living a more active life and that I'm not going allow that to happen anymore. I went to school to be a CPA, but got hired to be the payroll accountant/H.R. representative for a poultry company before I could get my license. Good luck on getting your license :smile:.
  • smelbo
    Options
    Keep at it!! I don't know how it really works on the US, but I think that you need certain experience? In Canada, depending what you want, you need to do some public audit experience at an audit firm, if you don't want to do auditing, you need practical experience elsewhere. My first job in acctg was in payroll, most of my jobs were in Investment reporting for either a brokerage or insurance firm. It took me a long time to get accredited. I went to night school for the education part, while I worked during the day.
  • FitStrongHealthy
    Options
    Oh yes, in the U.S. most jobs would like you to have experience. I actually got lucky with my job because I was friends with the woman in the accounts payable office. She got me an interview when a position opened up in the accounts office, and I was very lucky and grateful to get the job, especially since I was fresh out of college. I love my job, even though I would like to get my masters and probably will some day, I don't think I would trade it for any other job in the world lol.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want have a cleaner house. I need to think about actually cleaning one room a day from what I was told.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    To be more consistant with exercise. Same as my February 2 resolution, April 23 resolution,July 15, resolution, Sept 6 resolution, Nov 18 resolution.........
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Interesting to read everyone's goals. I work at a non profit in Haiti and we host teams of American nurses etc. Every time a team comes my workout routine STOPS. My NYR is to keep going with my fitness routine even when there's teams.

My personal goal is to clean 20-30 minutes a day so the weekends are less overwhelming.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My resolution for 2015 was to get into a healthy BMI. I didn't get there, but I have lost 21 lbs so far, so I'm happy about that. My resolution for 2016 is to lose another 14 lbs. Then, depending on how I feel, I may try to lose another 10 lbs in 2017.

In 2015 I also became aware that I am an extrovert, and I need to get out of the house to re-charge. I struggled a lot with actually putting that into practice, so I am going to try harder in 2016.

I also need to work harder at saying 'no' to people. I currently am working a part-time job, upgrading my schooling for said job, and I work casually at 4 other jobs. When everyone needs help all at once it can be difficult to balance it all (especially because I have two little boys at home ages 4 and 5!). So I need to make a point of saving free time for myself so I don't feel overwhelmed and stressed.

Also, my husband and I have really been trying very hard to become debt-free (not including mortgage and vehicle payments). We almost have our credit cards paid off, so 2016 will be all about not incurring more debt, and paying off our line of credit. We're about a year and a half away, and it will be such a relief!

So I know that's a lot of goals, but progress is slowly being made on everything above! Many lessons learned along the way, and I'm sure there are many more lessons to come!
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I want have a cleaner house. I need to think about actually cleaning one room a day from what I was told.

I found that my house stayed a lot cleaner after I purged it of items I didn't need. It's messy again because the kids got a lot of stuff from relatives for Christmas, but now we continuously purge and it helps the house to stay much, much cleaner!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2016 is to lose the last 5-10 lbs. I also need to get comfortable with the new me I hid behind the fat me for a long time so I'm going through a readjustment period.