Introductions!

Options
lmitchellf
lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
Hey, my name is Leah. I'm Mormontsraven on Imgur and I hope you all enjoy this group!

I suppose this thread can be an introduction of sorts so everyone can say hello and all that jazz.

Replies

• southassassin
    southassassin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm like 99% sure this is the right group, got lead here from ReinettePoison's post about Xmas gifts.

My Name is Brad and I'm from Melbourne Australia, most likely you'll be from somewhere else, so keep in touch via this app. Please excuse my bad username. It's a refernce to SubZero from Mortal Kombat.

I weigh 130 Kgs, biggest I've ever been. Pleased to met you all.

If this isn't the right group, please ignore me.
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the U.S. and am female. I currently weigh 163 lbs and my short term goal is to be 150 lbs. Do you have any goals in mind?
  • southassassin
    southassassin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    110 Kgs ( So lose 20).there's the weight I was were all my clothes would fit me. I was that weight for 2 years. Then 90 Kgs. Ultimately staying around that mark, only gaining from there if it muscle.
  • dropdeadkate
    dropdeadkate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kate aka tittysprinklesundae. I'm 5'10" and 190 lbs. I've been focusing on lifting and ignoring Cardio and diet so I've got a nice layer of insulation over all my muscles haha. Looking to cut some body fat and up my endurance while still maintaining my strength level. Not super concerned about the actual number of pounds I weigh but it's a good way to check progress I guess.

I signed up for some hard core bootcamp classes/transformation program and will be going on a paleo diet challenge starting January 4th. I'll be doing weigh ins and measurement tracking with the program so I'll update with those stats later.

I've been lifting for a few years and would be happy to help anyone who is new to lifting :)
  • Chinita7187
    Chinita7187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah and I'm from Florida. I'm 5'5 and currently 273 with a goal of 160. I had lost 25 pounds but gained it back stress, depression and a bad diet due to living circumstances. I'm going to fight to better myself this year.
  • taliza_o
    taliza_o Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm talisje on imgur (talisa irl) and I'm from the small country Belgium.
    At this moment I'm almost at my heaviest again 94 kg ( 207 lb) and i'm only 5'3, after this summer going keto i gained everything back during moving and stress (add some other excuses).
    I'm starting out with my best in Januaryon the Dr Phil 20/20 diet... i just need something to hold on to, just trying to eat healthy without guidelines doesnt really work out for me. I hope we can help each other out!
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Don't worry taliza, we are all here to support each other! No matter the amount of weight to lose, you've got us all to lean on! If you're having any issues, feel free to start a discussion in the group! Don't forget to add us as friends and record all your food!! That way people are seeing what you're eating and can help steer you in good directions.
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Dropdeadkate, what is a paleo diet?
  • kmbrock13
    kmbrock13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I found this group thru the imgur post and have mixed thoughts about a group of random strangers but I know doing this on my own doesn't work and look forward to sharing support. I am 5'7" and weigh 250, my biggest, and want to be down to 165. Thru lots of therapy I have dug down into the why I weigh what I do and feel pretty healthy mentally and emotionally about all of it. But bad habits, procrastination and a love of sleeping-in need to change. I know that there is a better healthier version of myself and I want to meet her. I want how I feel inwardly to reflect on the outside of me. I look forward to learning, sharing and gaining/giving support to all of you.
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    So happy that your making positive changes kmbrock! I'm hoping everyone will be positive and continue kicking butt!!
  • kelbywingert
    kelbywingert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kelby and on Imgur I'm whatabeautifulchaos. In college, I hovered around 280 during the school year. I worked at a summer camp all four years and I'd lose about 35-40lbs each summer (one year around 50lbs) because I was so active and eating well instead of eating junk. Since I graduated and took a job where I'm sitting a desk 90% of the time, I've gained about 30lbs. My goal is to lose 100lbs by the end of 2016, or about 2lbs a week. I used to teach rock climbing and rappelling and my ultimate goal is to get to a healthier weight and start building up muscle mass so I can rock climb again.
  • Jamison121
    Jamison121 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jamie. I am lostjl14789 on imgur. I am 5'4"...alright more like 5'3.5". I weigh about 230 lbs. During 2015 alone I have gained about 70 pounds. I don't have an specfic weight loss goal.

I don't want to be out of breathe walking up stairs, and I don't want to feel rolls on my skin. I binge and need to find and stick to healthier alternatives. I am done some prep work and understand when and why I binge. I am ready for change.
  • fvckyes
    fvckyes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jamison, I feel so similar to you. 2015 was a HORRIBLE year for me weight-wise. I binged regularly, for the first time in my life. And gained about 30-40lbs in the process. Time for change! I'll have to drink less wine to stop by binges.
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Drinking beer always causes me to make terrible food choices, but I also just LOVE the action of eating. Jamie, having a goal is a good place to start, even if it is to lose 5 pounds! Keeps you focused, look forward to hearing about everyone's progress!
  • dropdeadkate
    dropdeadkate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keeping a food journal really helps with binging and snacking. At least it did for me. Use the app it makes it easy.

If you are a snacker (guilty) keep lots of precut veggies and fruits on hand so they're easy to grab and go.

Get a food scale so you know exactly how much you're eating. I have a cheap one they don't need to be the fancy digital ones or anything. It makes a difference .

Food prep Sunday is something I've found very helpful. If you have food prepped and ready to go it helps A LOT with sticking to your plan. Go on instagram and you'll see all the motivation you need for it. Pinterest is a great source for recipes. I like slow cooker meals bc they are easy.

Hope this helps everyone. We can do this!
  • Curry187
    Curry187 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm Carina from Germany and currently I weight 76 kg (1,68m). I have never been so heavy in my whole live. I went to the gym a lot the last few month, but I've not put enough emphasis on cardio and my huge weakness is snacking.
    My goal is to reach 65kg and to stay on this level.
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Curry187 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Carina from Germany and currently I weight 76 kg (1,68m). I have never been so heavy in my whole live. I went to the gym a lot the last few month, but I've not put enough emphasis on cardio and my huge weakness is snacking.
    My goal is to reach 65kg and to stay on this level.

Welcome!!! Do you normally lift weights at the gym?
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Keeping a food journal really helps with binging and snacking. At least it did for me. Use the app it makes it easy.

If you are a snacker (guilty) keep lots of precut veggies and fruits on hand so they're easy to grab and go.

Get a food scale so you know exactly how much you're eating. I have a cheap one they don't need to be the fancy digital ones or anything. It makes a difference .

Food prep Sunday is something I've found very helpful. If you have food prepped and ready to go it helps A LOT with sticking to your plan. Go on instagram and you'll see all the motivation you need for it. Pinterest is a great source for recipes. I like slow cooker meals bc they are easy.

Hope this helps everyone. We can do this!

You should do an event for Sunday called food prep Sunday and then post pictures in the discussion!
  • Xannedoe
    Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Johan, Xannedoe on Imgur, I need some help and motivation to keep going, my current weight is back at 100kg ( about a year ago i used to weight 120 kg got it down to 86 kg, but due to recent events I started eating again and gain 14kg) I'm a male from Belgium and I seriously need all the support and help I can get.

Greets Johan Aka Xannedoe
  • RedDragon09
    RedDragon09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica, RedDragon09 here, and PromotedFromLurker on the Imgurs. At my heaviest I weighed 250, I lost ~75lbs last year, and have been plateaued for *months*. I've joined a half marathon training group, and I'm starting Crossfit (don't hate me plz) to build smexy muscles and be comfortable and strong enough to do things that will make me happy.