Just joined...but motivated.

Options
Not new to myfitnesspal. But I really have to make a change. I have to lose 100lbs and I have to do it in a year. I have lost a little and I am changing my diet. No fast food, no red meat, lots of green veggies and good protein. I would welcome any help.

Replies

• wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! It isn't overly active right now but people do pop up now and then. You say you "have to lose 100lbs and have to do it in a year". Is there a reason for that deadline? I had more than 100 to lose and the first 100 did come off in a year but then it really slowed down.

Those are good changes for what you are eating. Are you doing any exercise? Little changes can really make a difference. Your weight will go down and then up and then not move at all. It will be frustrating and you will sometimes question why you are doing it at all. But keep going. It will make a difference in the end. I found that when I was lacking motivation looking at the success stories really helped me.
  • Orionbolt
    Orionbolt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for this. I am doing cardio and strength training. I need to get this weight under control
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Losing 100 pounds in a year is super aggressive and isn't recommended unless under close medical supervision. The more moderate losses are easier maintain. Massive losses quickly tend to return just as quickly...

My only advice to above would be to ensure you get healthy fats in with all that. Healthy fats are crucial to your body's healthy, your hormonal health, and your mental health...
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome :-). It sounds like you are on the right track