Kicking sugar to the curb!

Options
I am kicking to lifestyle change off with removing sugars from my life. At first it will be everything sugar, even high sugar fruits. This will last for at least 30 days... then I will add back in all fruits and honey and real maple syrup. I do not expect it to be easy, however I know it can be achieved so I am going to achieve it!
Is anyone else working on kicking sugar to the curb?

Replies

• emf2az
    emf2az Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am! I go back and forth with paleo and modified paleo (using dairy). I'm looking at Eat Fat Lose Fat right now. I really think sugar is the main problem with everything. I've had limited success with paleo a few years ago (going like gangbusters, lost 7 lbs, then Christmas happened!)
    Good luck! I think if you've got yourself prepared with something else satisfying you can beat sugar. Hang in there and the cravings will subside. I found that a teaspoon of peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice) helps ALOT.
    My weakness is wine!

• SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I started 6 months ago by cutting out sugar. Now 30kg(66lb) GONE. I still don't have fruit (except on Christmas Day) and rarely few blueberries as a treat. I also don't do artifical sweeteners as they just fuel the cravings.

This is not a diet for me, it is now a way of life. I'm 53 and been "dieting" since age 10. This is the longest I've stuck to anything. I'm addicted to sugar so cannot have any like an alcoholic to booze.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I tend to eat low(er) carb... berries being my go to fruits. Bready products are my weakness so I try to stay away from them. Will allow myself the Ezeikel (sp?) bread products on occasion. I don't have a sugar addiction (aka junk food)... I prefer raw honey and pure maple syrup if I was going to indulge in the stuff. I just know I feel so much better energy wise eating this way, so it works for me :-) Nice to be on board with others sharing the same mindset :-)