Inputting Body Coach Recipes into MFP

Options
MPower1987
MPower1987 Posts: 16 Member
Has anyone found a quicker way to do this?

I have done a handful of recipes and it has taken me ages!! :(

Replies

• natashaboxell10
    natashaboxell10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You used bar scanner to scan food items?
  • ChristineDavies2
    ChristineDavies2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It does take a while initially but then MFP remembers your choices (well, mostly) and then you can adjust the weight as appropriate. Stick with it - it does get easier.
  • lucielu12
    lucielu12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit like your first online supermarket shop! First one takes forever but then you just add your faves!
  • MPower1987
    MPower1987 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had hoped someone may have entered the recipes already and then we could vary the quantities according to our macros. Sadly not! The only one I could find was Lime and Avo Smoothie :s

I have entered someone C1 and C3 meals tonight which took forever. I can see what you mean. Maybe it needs an afternoon of logging to start with to make the process easier.
  • theresa2812
    theresa2812 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I must admit that's why I have a go, it takes me ages and never finish it. I am determined however to get on with it this time and do it everyday.
  • JoThomas81
    JoThomas81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find that I add it as a 'meal' not a recipe. So I put my ingredients into 'dinner' then go to edit (top left) select 'dinner' and then press the add meal button which is a plate with a knife and fork icon. Then you give it its name and it is saved. I do it this way as then next time I want it I can type it's name and place it into my diary for that day. All the ingredients for that meal then show up so If I am adjusting the quantities I can just change it easily. I sometimes find I want to adjust quantities now I am a graduate as some days I need more carbs or somedays more protein so I can quickly adjust. If it is in as a recipe and just shows the recipe name it is a pain in the arsed to adjust. Works for me and because I can see the meal ingredients I can tend to cook it without having to look up the recipe as these days I know what to do. It's just quicker for me.
  • ChristineDavies2
    ChristineDavies2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oooo, good tip Jo - will give it a go.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just make the recipe as I cook, logging it as if I was just adding it to my diary and use the scan function where I can. I used to use meals but seem to find the recipe function easier so I can change how many portions are in something if I don't know how many it is going to make.

Logging in general seems to take a while at first but once you've saved it as a recipe or meal you're sorted :)