Gifts you received that promote a healthier life

Options
nvmomketo
nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
I was curious what gifts you received, or gave, that would help one towards living a healthier life?

I was spoiled and received the Insanity DVDs from my family. I also got a bunch of glass storage containers from my mom ( I am trying to move away from plastics) and some beef jerky and in my stocking.

I also got some sugar free caramel syrup for coffee, and a few boxes of chocolate which I hope others will eat at our New Year's Eve party. LOL

Replies

• petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I got a new bathroom scale and a food dehydrater for making jersey, both of which I asked for. My scale took a dump a while back and I've been using the dog's scale since. I also bought myself another new high impact sports bra and exercise capris with some of the money I got from my mom.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    A bag of sunflower seeds, already shelled.
    A set of 5-30lb kettlebells
    A pull-up-assist band
    And Amazon gift cards I will probably use to buy things in this category :smile:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of gorgeous red leather pumps, which encourage me to take care of my knee, because I can't wear heels if the knee is busted.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I got a zucchini noodle slicer and beef jerky, beef sticks, almonds and some dark chocolate in my stocking. Also got some sweaters that fit since I had to get rid of all of my clothes from last winter!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow - your gifts sound fabulous - I would be happy with any of them, especially the red pumps! :):)

I got $ to buy a fitbit-type device, but when I look online I see a dizzying array of options. I like the idea of one that also monitors heartrate, but wonder if it's worth it. If anyone has a love/hate opinion about what to buy, please message me. Thanks!
  • marlamp10
    marlamp10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I got a whipped cream maker and I can't wait to try it out!
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have given a fitbit which I think is an awesome gift since I love mine so much :) I gave one to my mom and she really was more active, especially when we'd have a friendly competition over our steps.
    @bcedl1982 I have used the fitbit zip, one, flex and the charge and the charge has been my favorite by far. Great integration with apps, counts stairs and tracks sleep in addition to steps and mins of exercise, and the customer support is great too. I love how it displays the time and caller ID of who is calling on my phone. Let me know if you want more details.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @kc4nus and I gave each other Fitbit HRs for Yule and Fitbit Premium for a year. I got bling for mine too! Beyond that, gifts were just gifts. He got movies and books. I got gift certs and a new purse.

@bcedl1982 I love the Charge HR. It gives me all the bells and whistles I need to collect the data that keeps me sane.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My husband bought a food scale abd a universal gym, and my parents gave us a nice Cuisinart. I gave my niece a Fitbit.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I received a food scale - to replace the old spring-type. It was doing well enough (I have been losing weight and keeping blood glucose in the normal range), but I am glad to have one that is easier to use and more likely to be accurate.

It was nice to confirm that I was pretty close - I was off by one almond for 28 grams. Probably a bit farther off on the cheese - I'll have to check that some more.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart HR. We also did gym memberships.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I got a bunch (they were on my Amazon wish list):
    * The Body by You book
    * You Are Your Own Gym DVD's
    * 1lb bag of unsweetened cacao nibs
    * Wisconsin snack sticks that were recommended by a keto blog

DH also gave me a bunch of candies that are not keto-friendly. :/ I might keep the dark chocolate bar (one square is 6gm carbs so I might indulge occasionally) and give the rest to friends/my kids.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    - Garmin vivosmart HR. Love it waterproof for showering & swimming.
    - dehydrator
    - vegetable spiral that is safer than the small one I have already.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome gifts!!! Santa totally spoiled me but not with keto or food related items. Top of the list was an engagement ring.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    fatchimom wrote: »
    WOW! Awesome gifts!!! Santa totally spoiled me but not with keto or food related items. Top of the list was an engagement ring.

SWEET!!!!! :smiley:
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My parents sent me a spiralizer and a programmable slow cooker; hubby gave me a FitBit Charge and some tops in my new size (Medium); hubby's father gave me a pair of pajamas in size Medium that I can't believe actually fit and a gift card to Barnes & Noble, which I'll probably use to buy either something fitness-related or professional (I've gotten really into studying the treatment of emotional trauma lately). So, yeah, it's about healthier living. I guess the running pants I got my mom are fitness-related. They were on her list. She always has a lot of active/climbing/running gear on her wish list. I have mentioned she's a huge part of my inspiration for getting in shape, right? :)
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The Man gave me a new Garmin Forerunner 15, which is a GPS watch that measures and tracks your running and steps. It's awesome, and he is amazing. In turn, I signed him up for a 5K on the 1st. Mostly though I've actually done the opposite as most of my gifts to people this year involved chocolate.
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I got a little mini food processor so I can make my own almond flour and it has a slicing and grating feature and I got a Curtis stone frying pan that you don't have to put butter or oil in it at all, and just wipes clean.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I got a camera for my ski helmet, a couple of new long sleeve sport shirts, and some roasted edamame in my stocking.
    I gave hubs a new Garmin heart rate monitor/bike computer.

And this week I'll be buying us a new slow cooker/pressure cooker/rice steamer.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    fatchimom wrote: »

Nice present! I don't think anyone can beat that gift :) Congrats!!!