Options
aslate73
aslate73 Posts: 1 Member
if you waht to share your experince and what you wnat to do pleas share

Replies

• alesinclair
    alesinclair Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiac disease almost a year ago, and at that time I was already battling my weight. Now not only do I have to watch my calorie intake but whether my meals are gluten free or not. I sometimes find it too be a real bummer. Any ideas how to cope.
  • KaySue123
    Options
    I was also diagnosed with Celiac disease three years ago. I wanted to know if anyone knew of some good food ideas that are healthy yet also taste good. Also, I just started using this site and was wondering what you guys do food the food tracker with gluten free foods there is not a large variety of foods in the finder.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I recently found out that I have several food intolerances and one of them being gluten. I have found for me that going back to the basics of eating has helped. By basics I mean, lean meats, veggies, fruits and staying away from packaged gluten free foods, unless I need a fix. I am reading a lot of websites and blogs for recipes ideas that are healthy. I am struggling with too many carbs right now. Due to the number of food intolerances eating low carb has been very hard.

I have MFP app on my phone, so I am able to scan food package barcodes and it loads the food in your diary right then. It makes I very easy. I found you have to search carefully and it's tricky to get the foods to show up. Sorry I don't have better info.
  • peacenluv88
    Options
    Just diagnosed with celiac disease. I'm also a vegetarian and want to lose weight. Trying to decide if I should see a nutritionist/dietician or is it possible to lose weight and eat right (gluten free and critter free) without the expense? Any replies would be appreciated.
  • christyk117
    christyk117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with celiac 2 years ago. I have no family that has it, so I was totally lost. I ate lots of fruit & veggies in the beginning. Lost 20lbs in no time. I've been having marital problems for a few years & went on antidepressants, packing on 25 lbs.
    I started going to a gym 3x a week in January. I lost 10 lbs but gained back 5. Started using MFP app with no support in March & have lost nothing. Now some of my cousins & sister have joined this week. Hoping I will be more motivated to keep track of my food better than before with someone watching. It just gets so frustrating when you do it all right & you see no results. Had thyroid tested recently & it's normal.
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My daughter was diagnosed with Celiac disease 9 years ago so I have had to learn a new way to cook. She is also Type 1 diabetic which has helped a bit with diet management as she was used to having fruit for dessert so the biggest adjustment for us was the breads and pastas until we found one that tasted "like" wheat. Our favorite bread is Udi's and pasta is Hodgson's Mill or Tinkayada. If you feel I can help you at all just add me or send me a private message at dot1212.
  • Cindyp22
    Cindyp22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am newly diagnosed with celiacs and looking for friends on MFP who also are gluten free and trying to lose weight. This is definitely a trial and error experience! Oh and I was divorced this past year. Thanks in advance!
  • moma4boys
    moma4boys Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was diagnosed with Celiacs about a year ago. I had been losing weight, but the switch to gluten free derailed me. I found numerous gluten free baked goods and felt entitled to eat them. I am getting back on track now and am looking for helps and tips for gluten free weight loss.