Hello??

Options
MichelleMP67
MichelleMP67 Posts: 32 Member
Anyone still on this group? I'm on WW (again) but trying the Simply Filling plan. I use MFP to track nutrition. Anyway, I'm just looking for support and to support others. If this group isn't going to run...please feel free to "friend me" and we can support each other through status updates! Best of luck to you all on your WL Journey!

Replies

• TLIGHTFULL
    TLIGHTFULL Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ditto to Michelle, except i'm doing points plus.
  • BOBBI_1234
    BOBBI_1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    does anyone know how I count points on my food on here.
  • kandi21785
    kandi21785 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Bobbi_1234, I don't think MFP has a points calculator. That would infringe on WW trademark. I have used MFP for over a year and been on WW 2 years and if I find food on MFP that isn't on the WW database, I use the nutrition info to plug into WW to get the points. I don't see any way to count points on MFP but if anyone knows of a shortcut I would like to know too.
  • keonor89
    keonor89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of joining WW as well, but was unsure how well these two tools worked together. Any insight? Thanks ladies!
  • LeishaRogers
    LeishaRogers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still in this group?
  • foursammi
    foursammi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too, thinking of re-joining AGAIN and wondering if anyone has any feedback about new program
  • sunburstaz
    sunburstaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Has anyone started the new program? I let my online membership expire at the end of November, and was wondering if anyone thought the new program is any good.
  • kristyn927
    kristyn927 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of joining again too. I've been low carving but find I'm missing some of my favorite foods. At least with WW I can eat foods I want within reason.
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I've been using WW since October. I am currently following the Simply Filling plan which works well for me as I am vegan. I started out using point plus..I stopped MFP because I didn't want to track two places. BUT with simply filling I was curious to see how many calories I was eating.
    After 2 weeks for trial and error, I have a manageable list of foods that fit into my life and weekly smart points for simply filling. Weigh-in was yesterday and I lost 3 pounds!
    I came back to MFP and saw that my soup that was Simply Filling approved was high in sodium. THAT IS WHAT i use MFP for. I need to track sodium since I am pre-hypertension.

I say all this to say that it is important for me to use both apps for now. My fitbit and Garmin link with both apps so I don't have to track exercise too. It's helpful to gauge how many calories that I use daily to get the weight loss I'm experiencing.

I love the meetings because without them I think I would have given up (again). It's nice to hear that you are not the only one that go through things and how to deal with them. I got through the holidays with little weight gain (+0.8 lb)
  • jeanabelle28
    jeanabelle28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone still on this group? I'm on WW (again) but trying the Simply Filling plan. I use MFP to track nutrition. Anyway, I'm just looking for support and to support others. If this group isn't going to run...please feel free to "friend me" and we can support each other through status updates! Best of luck to you all on your WL Journey!

I just started ww today and I found this group wondering if anyone is here? I'm looking for friends.
  • mirihawk
    mirihawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There doesn't seem to be much activity here...
  • ShadowsMouse
    ShadowsMouse Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It takes a while to generate activity on boards. That said, I've just joined this group today, joined WW this past Sunday (3/6/16), attended my first meeting on Tuesday, and trying out the new SmartPoints and Meetings plan. I have been using MFP for a few years on and off, started using it alongside joining the South Beach Diet. SBD worked really well at first but Phase 2: Maintenance didn't cut it for me, I regained all of the 20 pounds I had originally lost plus more. Sounds familiar, eh? So now I'm trying WW.

As for tracking WW points with MFP: I have found some sources online saying that there are add-ons for Chrome and Firefox to have MFP show WW points. I don't use those browsers however so I can't say how well they may work. Supposedly they work well.

So about me: I'm 50 years old, married, no kids, and a full-time unpaid caregiver for my live-in mother who has late-middle stage dementia. I am trying to lose about 60 pounds which I gained after my hysterectomy 12 years ago. So far I'm down 6 pounds over the past 2 weeks (yay!).

My husband and I have Fitbits and the Fitbit Aria digital scale, I highly recommend them for tracking activity and weight. They are a bit pricey but well worth it.
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello.i just started ww with my mom..she has done it in the past and lost 40 lbs. ...I on the other hand have tried everything but ww.....8 am willing to do this for the long haul...

• NorthwestLadybug
    NorthwestLadybug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Maybe we can get some activity going in this group! :-) I love the Weight Watchers meetings and I know that, without them, I'd have given up. But I really, really DON'T like the new Smart Points plan! I find tracking via the WW app to be really discouraging because, although fruits and veggies are free, one piece of bread can pretty much do you in! I'd LOVE to find a way to track points via MFP, but stay with WW for the in-person meetings.
  • momamia3
    Options
    I lost 4.2lbs last week .. and I hope week 2 is as good to me......I have still been logging food on mfp.i need to know my calories too..lol..and my micros ... I am probally just king more work for myself....I think having the weigh ins in the meeting really help keep honest....im liking the points a lot so far.
  • GammaKJ
    GammaKJ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Started Weight Watchers this morning. Rejoined yesterday. Previously used and was down 25 pounds. I'm just not sure about the double logging. There were days I had problems logging on MFP. I'll have to see how it goes and then chose one or the other.
  • momamia3
    Options
    Kjhawk73 wrote: »
    Started Weight Watchers this morning. Rejoined yesterday. Previously used and was down 25 pounds. I'm just not sure about the double logging. There were days I had problems logging on MFP. I'll have to see how it goes and then chose one or the other.

I plan it out and log it night before.....and if I am too high I calories a adjust it a little on the ww side. ....I make sure I get my points even if I am a little over calories....I did notice the ww points cut out a lot of the junk food that claims to be healthy....lol....I love how I pay more attention to sugars and fats now.