anyone with celiac disease?

Options
I have been diagnosed for almost a year now and am looking for others with open diaries and motivation (my diary is open to friends and I log daily). I don't know anyone with celiac besides one of my kids, so it'd be great to meet others dealing with it too! :)

Replies

• moma4boys
    moma4boys Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with celiacs almost exactly a year ago. It was weird because my husband, father-in-law and son all had problems with gluten. I did not think I would ever have a problem. However last December a biopsy of my intestine confirmed Celiacs. I gained 24 pounds since being gluten free and just started trying to lose weight 3 days ago. I will open my diary but as I am just starting it may not be much help. We can lose this weight though and be healthy. I know we can!
  • christyk117
    christyk117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed almost 6 years ago. I've always had trouble with my weight before and after going GF. I've been off and on MFP for 2 years, haven't lost much. My new doctor wants to discuss my weight at a followup end of this month. So I'm trying to log everything to show her. I am having trouble adding exercise to my day. I'm recently separated, work full time, have 2 active boys and hold 3 volunteer positions. I am up at 5:45 and sometimes don't sit down for me time until 9pm.
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow! You sound so busy.

I have 4 kids and I homeschool them. I don't often get me time either.

Have you had your thyroid checked? I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 8 years ago. When I was diagnosed with celiac almost a year ago, my doctor thinks that celiac is actually what triggered my thyroid disease. Looking back at symptoms, I feel I've had celiac most of my life.

Now both diseases are FINALLY under control.

Since my celiac diagnosis in February of last year, I had a full pregnancy, healthy baby girl (and the healthiest and easiest of all my pregnancies), and lost 38 lbs.
  • pangallojennifer887
    Options
    I have Diabetes, Hoshimotos Disease, and now Celiac. I have felt bad since I was diagnosed with both the Thyroid (15 years ago) for the first time my thyroid is "normal" and Diabetes (5 years ago) my A1C is also perfect at 5.4 down from 8.8 in April. They finally tested me and I found out Friday I have Celiac Disease. I have lost 43 lbs. since April due to my stomach issues. A good thing but not in a good way! Now that I am going to go Gluten free I am hoping this will help with my everyday living. I have a goal of 100 lbs. to lose! 57 more to go! I need encouragement and support and I would like to offer the same to you!
  • GlutenfreeOma
    GlutenfreeOma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have celiac, Renaud's, osteoporosis and thyroid nodules. My doctor is testing me for Hashimots. Right now I am eating totally gluten free, but I'm stuck in a rut. I need ideas. My diary is open to friends, if you would like to friend me. I've been keeping my diary for over a year and just recently decided I need help and friends!!
  • christyk117
    Options
    Wow! You sound so busy.

I have 4 kids and I homeschool them. I don't often get me time either.

Have you had your thyroid checked? I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 8 years ago. When I was diagnosed with celiac almost a year ago, my doctor thinks that celiac is actually what triggered my thyroid disease. Looking back at symptoms, I feel I've had celiac most of my life.

Now both diseases are FINALLY under control.

Since my celiac diagnosis in February of last year, I had a full pregnancy, healthy baby girl (and the healthiest and easiest of all my pregnancies), and lost 38 lbs.

My thyroid is normal, the doc says she's tested for Hashimoto's(some of my cousin's have it but no celiac)
  • christyk117
    Options
    but that came back normal.