Breastfeeding mamas?

Options
2»

Replies

• amirahfatty
    amirahfatty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me breast feeding mamas! It's such a slow and steady progress! I hope we all reach our goals x
  • ashleyfreeman17
    ashleyfreeman17 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Momma to a 4 month old and 6 year old. Trying to balance breastfeeding and loosing weight.. It is a journey! Would love to motivate each other!
  • msashleybaby
    msashleybaby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!! A little embarrassed to say I'm still breastfeeding a one year old, lol. But I lost all my pregnancy weight (40lbs) six weeks postpartum and I attribute every ounce to breastfeeding and the "new mommy diet" which for me consisted of anything I could make in between feedings when I actually remembered to eat.I've always been overweight so I'm working on losing about 40 more! I struggled with breastfeeding a lot in the beginning and am proud to say I'm a pro now and very knowledgeable on the subject. Feel free to add me ! Lets get fit hot mamas! =)
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added too! I have an 8 week old girl, and four boys between ages 8-14...I'm nursing and pumping. I am a former teacher who stays home now. I need to lose 80 lbs and would love to connect with someone and correspond regularly. Add me and send me a message if that's you!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm a first-time mom with a 13 month old son who, yes, is still breast feeding... I pump twice a day and he nurses at night... Man... am I ever going to get my body parts back?? :D
  • kjohnsonx7
    kjohnsonx7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 12 week old son. I know how you feel! I wonder if I will ever quit being hungry!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm a first time mum to my 2 week old son - also breastfeeding exclusively (intending to also pump after 6 weeks so I can venture out of the house alone... Most likely to the gym!). Feel free to add me as I could use the support. I have 20lbs of pregnancy weight to lose before I get married in Aug 2016, but I'm cautious about my supply and making sure I eat enough.
  • alexadmfp
    alexadmfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi mamas! I'm just getting started with MFP today! First time mommy to a 9 month old baby boy and he is the light of my life! I'm mostly breastfeeding but doing a few tablespoons of solids each day as well. Dropped about 20 pounds just from breastfeeding and not having time to eat in the first 2 months PP but now its creeping back on as I've been eating junk and not making time to exercise. I work full time and hate missing any more time with baby to work out! Hoping the time change will help me to get up and get a 30 minute dvd done in the mornings if baby lets me! He nurses all night and we cosleep (only way he will sleep) so working out after he goes to bed isn't an option. I currently weigh 228 and would like to get down to 170.
  • Holls1225
    Holls1225 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi mamas! I have three boys: age 4, 2, and 4 months old. Needless to say, my household is very busy! I always gain a lot of weight each pregnancy, despite being thin pre-pregnancy. I gained 52 pounds this pregnancy, and have dropped 34 so far. I'm down to the last 18, and hoping I stay diligent through the holiday season! I'm also hoping I don't compromise my milk supply. Isn't it such a hard balance to do, to know how much to eat while losing weight? Crazy. I am a tall mama at 6'1" at 178 pounds right now, and my goal is 160 while breastfeeding, 155 when baby weans (with my other two they weaned a little after a year old).
  • DizzyMom815
    DizzyMom815 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently had my 4th, I have a 4.5 year old, a 2.5 year old, a 1.5 year old and a 8 week old!
    I'm mainly pumping bc it's hard to find the long stretch of time to nurse when the other 3 are so demanding of my time, but, I think it's a great thing to breastfeed! I'm trying to get back to my wedding day weight, so, I'm glad to be in the same boat as you, lovely ladies :) please feel free to add me! I struggle to eat well, so it would be great to have support!!
  • krystalsourwine
    krystalsourwine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to USE MFP more so I'll def try to keep up with this post. :smile: I'm post-op VSG and have a 3 month old. I'm breastfeeding as well. It seems to have made my weight loss stall.

This is my 3rd time BFing exclusively and every time it has stalled my weight loss and then eventually it starts packing back on the weight
  • krystalsourwine
    krystalsourwine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new to MFP and am looking for a way to help me keep track of what I do to lose weight while breastfeeding my almost 8month old. Have been having trouble with post-partum depression while trying to balance having 2 kids 2yrs and 2 days apart. I drink lots of pepsi cause it helped in the beginning (I was avoiding anti-depressants for personal reasons). So now I am coming out of my foggy state and want to get back to looking and feeling healthy. Any other mommas here deal with something similar?

I see in the post above that I can add breastfeeding to the diary. Thats great to know! I am not watching my calories as much as using this to help me track what I eat and keep me walking a couple times a week.

I dealt with PPD with my 2nd. Unfortunately, it had gotten so bad, I needed to be medicated. But luckily after a year, I was able to wean myself and was never better. The last 2 pregnancies/births I've dealt with a slight issue with depression but I'm doing ok without meds. I too drink Pepsi daily (I know I know, we shouldn't)! Add me if you'd like to be friends!
  • Ladibug23
    Ladibug23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had success losing weight while breastfeeding?
  • demoi177
    demoi177 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2nd pregnancy but 1st time breastfeeding.... twins at that! Lost 27 lbs in the 2 weeks post partum. Babies were about 10 lbs when born via c sec (total weight is together not individual). I was 171 lbs before operation and now at nearly 3 weeks pp I'm about 30 lbs lighter thanks to breastfeeding. I've been couch locked so I'm not active in the least bit. Aiming for 128 lbs (was originally 124 lbs before the twins). Once have the Dr ok me to start exercise again I will jump back on p90x and start pushups again. Lost 30 lbs last time and went from 16 jeans to 5 in 3 yrs (slow I know but I kept it off!) and now I'm in size 8 ready to get back down to 5 again... can't wait!
  • Mrs_Vad3r
    Mrs_Vad3r Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone!I have lost 50 pounds since i had my daughter 8 months ago. not as fast as i would have liked but, one day at a time and all! My goal is to lose 15 more pounds by her first birthday in April. I breastfeed but dont really workout because im a bum haha