Protein

Options
3furballs
3furballs Posts: 476 Member
What are your recommendations for protein? I'm always short on my goal. I've switched back to steel cut oatmeal from my protein shake for the winter (wanting something warm). I try to put chicken and egg in my lunch salad, toasted almonds for snack and there's usually some kind of meat with dinner and I'm still really short.

Replies

• KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese in the food processor w frozen berries, add a bit of egg white.
    I keep chicken celery soup cooked in bone broth stock (9gr per cup) on hand in winter for s quick protein snack.
    Add a little bit of protein powder to your oatmeal. Less taste better but even a little boosts your grams. Experiment w it.
    My evening or daytime fave snack Peanut butter, scoop of whey, ground oats, dash of milk- mix it up like cookie dough
    Chocolate whey mixed w Greek yogurt and a bit of peanut butter if you have the fats left. Or none. = Protein pudding.
    quest bars S'mores and Oreo are my fave
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My day looks like this:
    Eggs and cereal with milk
    Protein shake (3 scoops) plus milk
    Leftovers or cottage cheese
    Dinner is a wild game or chicken based meal which usually nets me 50 grams of protein in that meal alone.
    Snack depends on calories and protein left- often cheese sticks with pretzels

I usually get at least 160-180 grams of protein. But only if I start with a good amount of protein at breakfast and then have it at every meal/snack.
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usually have a bag of Quest Chips with my lunch and one other protein bar (B UP is my current source). Then the usual, egg whites breakfast, chicken lunch and other meat dinner. And greek yogurt.