WAH New App

Options
Deeder522
Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
Hi All,

Saw this posted on the Facebook page today.

http://www.walkathome.com/your-daily-walk/

It's a subscription based $50 per year or $5 per month with the 1st month free.

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I wont be participating in her new app. I know she in the business of making money but I refuse to pay for something that I can get for free. Walking costs nothing. I have the choice to use the videos I have at home and YouTube oh yeah...the great outdoors. I can not blame her for doing what is best for her but I am disappointed.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I have to say I'm disappointed too. I was looking forward to an App but at that cost No Thank You. I already pay for a YMCA membership. I'l stick to YouTube and finder her DVD's at the library.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    Considering I've already bought the DVDs that I want and I like to work out when I want and not because an app tells me to... no thanks :/
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I was shocked to be honest. Why in the world would I buy the DVDs and then pay again for an app to tell me when to use them?????? All I can think of is that she is making her DVD walks available for those who want to pay every month. Obviously, that is not most of us. Jessica Smith has a ton of good walks online for free so this seems like a real mistake for Leslie's WAH business. I suspected her company was working toward this when they removed all the videos from YouTube citing copyright infringement. Since YouTube was her best advertisement, this move may end her ability to reach a new audience at all and may not last long. Time will tell!
  • Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    Wow! December has been a busy month for me, and when I have had time to go online I have used Jessica Smith recently but I had no idea Leslie removed her stuff from you tube...that's a shocker to me.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I had no idea Leslie removed her stuff from you tube...that's a shocker to me.

Sherry-she did not remove all of it, but about a year ago, everyone who had You Tube channels with Leslie's Walks on them were removed so the only channel with any of her walks on them now is her own. She has a very limited selection there. Sorry if I was confusing. Brenda :blush:

• Sherryisgettingfit
    Sherryisgettingfit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oh! Okay...I do enjoy her Burn Body Fat 2 and 3 mile on you tube...thanks for clarifying! :)
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I use Jessica Smith as well and Jenny Ford as well. I think I have about 6 of Leslie's DVD's now. Hopefully between all the 3 of these girls it will be enough to keep me moving.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Jessica Smith idea, guys. Will try out some of hers sometimes. I have nothing against Leslie Sansone, I own most of the newer DVDs, I just need something different sometimes :)
  • fitbabs
    fitbabs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Jessica Smith idea, I have a lot of WAH dvd's and enjoy them, but the #1 reason for me quiting any exercise program is boredom, thanks for helping me mix it up!
  • BonnieSpins
    BonnieSpins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I saw her subscription service notice too. I have a number of her DVD's so I will continue to mix them up. I'll also check out those others on YouTube.