Tell Me About Your Goals For The New Year

Options

Replies

• V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Similar to what others have mentioned already:
    1) Be consistent w/ quality Keto foods...less experimenting around...just stick with what works
    2) Lower Blood pressure (less stress, more exercise (esp. anaerobic such as weight lifting & HIIT), quality diet)
    3) Budget cuts & being a miser to pay off student loans faster
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Similar to what others have mentioned already:
    1) Be consistent w/ quality Keto foods...less experimenting around...just stick with what works
    2) Lower Blood pressure (less stress, more exercise (esp. anaerobic such as weight lifting & HIIT), quality diet)
    3) Budget cuts & being a miser to pay off student loans faster

Number 1 is me. I know what works for me and need to stop experimenting. PS: V_Keto_V if that's you in the profile photo you're what the main boards say DOESN'T happen lol. Nicely done.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    1. Weigh less than 200lbs
    2. Increase fitness level
    3. Move from the obese to overweight BMI category
    4. Work on strength training
    5. Be more physically active
    6. Run a 5K
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone through and made my official list of goals yet for 2016 but so far:
    * Get down to 133 or below (or whatever weight I can fit back into my clothes) and maintain. Stay at least somewhat low carb once I'm back at maintenance (I'll experiment to see if keto long-term seems best for me).
    * Strength train at least twice a week, plus HIIT/maybe running.
    * Get at least 8 hrs of sleep most nights (go to bed earlier!).
    * Find income streams sufficient to be able to get DH a new car and be able to save and give more.
    * Read at least 24 books.
    * Make it up to Indy to visit my parents.
    * Do something special to celebrate my 40th birthday and our 10th anniversary.
  • livedaily1913
    livedaily1913 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I just completed my vision journal that I carry daily and visually keeps me focused! I'd like to:

Master this WOE- learn all I can to make the best daily choices.
    Get my financial affairs in order-budget and spend wisely!
    Pass my upcoming ACE group fitness certification exam!
    Be emotionally and mentally well!- meditate, pray, sleep good and take care of me!
    Be open to all possibilities! I'm ready for next level living!

Excited about 2016
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lose weight in 2016.

I had lost a total of 90 pounds from my highest weight coming into 2015, and I maintained that weight loss, but had lots of ups and downs and for the last 6 months of 2015 was constantly in a cycle of cheating for a week then getting back on track for a week. So the good news is that I went a year without gaining weight. But I still have 50 pounds to go and made no progress on that in 2015. So for 2016 I just want to weigh less at the end of the year :)

The other big goal I have is to move out. It should be happening by March or so. I currently live with my mom and sister. I moved back home to help take care of my dad when he got cancer, and I'm really glad I did, but its past time to get back out on my own, so that's the other big goal for the year.

• daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    January Goal to get below 260Lbs by end of month. This should be easily achievable at my current pace. So attainable.

I would like to get to 220 or 210 by end of June 2016. My wife and I have been invited to join a group of friends on a trip to Ireland (bucket list destination) and it would be that much more enjoyable if I can easily fit into...you name it, plane seats, small cars, small pubs, small hotels, nice clothing....not get out of breath just tying my shoes...LOL

For 2016, I would like to get down to 200LBS by the end of the year. I don't really have a firm "end goal" but anything in the range of 180-200LBS would be optimal.

Adopt this WOE in a permanent way that I can sustain for the rest of my life. I really want this for my health, for my own life enjoyment and for the benefit of my family. This has always eluded me on every previous attempt to shed the weight. I am praying this will be "the" time when it sticks.

Next, is re-introducing healthy carbs up to around 100g per day. This is going to be a bit of a challenge as I will need to closely monitor the carb versus weight gain ratio, and there is no science that I am aware of that can help me out. It will be totally individual. For my long term lifestyle I want to be able to consume some carbs (i.e. fruit, a bit of wine now and then, perhaps half a baked potato now and then, etc). Ultimately, I didn't get to 306LBS by eating fruit and baked potatoes. It was all the crappola that got me here. If I can just keep that stuff at bay then I should be able to maintain with a moderate amount of healthy carbs.
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Jan goals

1)do more food prep and planning. I seem to keep me on track and it helps me to......

2) stop eating out! I spend way to much money and waste part of my meal cause I go get a burger and throw half of it way.

3) stick to budget, spent way to much on Christmas and need to pay it off and work towards getting debt free
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Goals for upcoming 2016:
    More/better sleep. I tend to stay up late reading- 5:00 am rolls around awfully quick.
    More exercise!
    Back away from the alcohol. I love to get a beer when I go out and most times I feel nothing else will do. I must re-train my brain on that one.

@daylitemag - I was to Ireland in October. If you have the opportunity, definitely go. It was amazing.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I want to establish good, consistent habits:
    1) Write every day;
    2) Make sure I maintain the health of my back and its support structures; and
    3) I want to be outside in nature more often. Maybe that means hiking?

I feel like I have succeeded in establishing Keto as my healthy habit in 2015, so CHECK off that goal, and just don't let up!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Healthy happy 2016:
    1. Plan majority of holidays n work trips for 2016 in January so I get a better balance of relaxation, seeing friends and achieving work goals.
    2. Stick with WOE and keep net carbs less than 30g
    3. Get to bed early enough that I wake with enough time to exercise before work.
    4. Find and reach a suitable maintenance weight where I have toned muscles and feel good. Guess it will be 115lbs +/- 5lbs (~50 to 55kg) so almost 13lbs to go
  • CrewZen
    CrewZen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!

1) loose 10% of my body weight by March 1st, 20% within the year (unless added muscle overrides this metric)
    2) compete in a rowing "sprint" race this spring.
    3) double my salary while doing an amazing job (hazardous waste site investigation/cleanup)
    4) engage globally - in work and play!
    5) give and receive more LOVE!

As I read through the posts above, I pause to take a moment and "Know" success for each and every one of you!
    If you're reading this, please take a moment to "see" me as having already achieved these goals!

Happy New Year!!!

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    MOAR MUSCLE. With kettlebells since that's what DH bought me.
    Then after I get swole, I'm going to cut briefly to get back down to 150. I'm kindof flirting with 152/153 right now.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm going to continue being consistent about strength training, and drawing every day.
  • j_jayehl
    j_jayehl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Over the Christmas break I was eating sugar which I've successfully stayed away from for months. The old feeling of stiffness and soreness in the joints, bloating and fogginess is back. Stunning how fast that happens and really shows me that health is so food related. I haven't logged here in MFP since I've had this new account and eating lowcarb so 2016 is a fresh start.

@Sabine_Stroehm I could copy the goals you wrote they are perfect for me too.

My goals:
    eat SLOW carb consistently and faithfully
    eat more vegetables
    do more yoga
    do both a headstand and a good backbend in yoga
    run 50 miles each month
    drink less wine :)

Except I walk and don't run :smile:
    and my yoga is sun salutations at home starting with 10 a day

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    j_jayehl wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Over the Christmas break I was eating sugar which I've successfully stayed away from for months. The old feeling of stiffness and soreness in the joints, bloating and fogginess is back. Stunning how fast that happens and really shows me that health is so food related. I haven't logged here in MFP since I've had this new account and eating lowcarb so 2016 is a fresh start.

@Sabine_Stroehm I could copy the goals you wrote they are perfect for me too.

My goals:
    eat SLOW carb consistently and faithfully
    eat more vegetables
    do more yoga
    do both a headstand and a good backbend in yoga
    run 50 miles each month
    drink less wine :)

Except I walk and don't run :smile:
    and my yoga is sun salutations at home starting with 10 a day

Love me some Sun Salutations!

I was an avid walker until about 4 or 5 years ago, then I started slowly jogging on the treadmill. Now I slowly jog/run outside and inside 5k or so a few times a week.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Lots of lessons this year…

I recently gained BACK 11 of the 30 I lost over the last 6 months.. I KNOW I can't have 2300 calories (my TDEE-what a joke I gain on what should be just 'existing;.) even 1800 is too high, Calories rule for me… I seem only to lose at 1400, so be it..maintenance is useless as I weight too much for good health or longer life.

Still trying to stay LCHF or even Keto, as I can't have meat, eggs, nuts..so real, severe limits to satiety!! AND recent new meds cause weight gain, and higher blood sugar..so a few strikes against me going on, plus a push from the kidney docs to eat carbs..sigh.

A vegetarian Keto life is almost impossible..boredom sets in, as much as I love veggies I stick to a few recipes that I enjoy. Tired of making veggies into fake pizza dough too.

I only can eat so much butter & HWC before it upsets my system, and stalls any loss at all.

So why do this? I get NONE of the fun and satisfying foods. No bacon for me.

BUT LCHF is still the only way I've lost weight. Low fat AND low calorie is not for me..so it has to be lower calorie and very limited carbs.

I weighed to see the damage today. A total of 6 of the 11 was in the last 3 months.. even staying under 2000 a day allows me to keep gaining.

so a FRESH start again tomorrow.

1. aim for < 50 carbs a day in Jan & Feb..get to <30 by March
    2. use my "silver sneakers' free gym card..doing what exercise I can.
    3. figure out what is going on with my digestive system...is high fat the culprit?
    4. work on lowering blood sugar
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve!

I'm going to lose 52 pounds in 2016. (Keeping it simple).
  • pjdunning
    pjdunning Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goals:

1. After reaching my orginal goal weight, I've decided to lose 10 more pounds. Seems so little but its a slow process for me. 2016 it WILL happen!
    2. Get back into running. Getting started is so difficult but I've done it before and know i can do it again!
    3. Save money!
    4. Donate more. I'm so fortunate and want to give to others.
    5. Take more time to pamper myself. I deserve it!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I would like to stay consistant with exercise (4 days in a row this week ...YAY ME)
    I would like to lose half of my weight if not all in 2016
    and I would like to prep my food better