Phase 1 tips & tricks?

Options
kgabriele1993
kgabriele1993 Posts: 25 Member
Hey y'all. I just started on IP yesterday and so far I love it. I could already feel a difference when woke up this morning. Just wondering what some of you all do with your veggies to keep it interesting! Thanks!

Replies

• wseakell
    wseakell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey kgabriele! First of all, I want to encourage you to join the Facebook group "Ideal Protein Supporters Phase 1 Group" - it's helped me tremendously! There's also a great recipe page on FB "Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook - Phase 1" - wonderful recipes to try there, including those with veggies!

I'm on week 3 and have lost 13 pounds and 8 inches - I feel amazing! For veggies I do a ton of stuff - roast turnips or rutabaga "fries", light cole slaw with cabbage and green or red pepper, roasted cauliflower is one of my favs, the list goes on! Good luck with everything!!
  • jhoff1233
    jhoff1233 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started a week ago, and I'm using a vegetti to turn zucchini into spaghetti and it is delish.
  • tonja1013mfp
    tonja1013mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love roasting cabbage, zucchini and cauliflower with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. You can pour the broccoli cheese soup mix on top and it makes a great lunch. Also love a cucumber/onion salad with white vinegar or a mango drink blended with fresh spinach. Good luck!
  • honeymoonpress
    honeymoonpress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago and have lost 6 pounds and a few inches. I am always tired though and cannot work out. I did some crunches this morning and was just worn out. I don't like veggies so this is quite difficult for me but I know i'll see results so that keeps me motivated. I miss my carbs so much but am getting used to phase 1. I don't seem to have the amount of loss that everyone else is reporting so I worry about that.
  • kgabriele1993
    kgabriele1993 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @honeymoonpress if you're looking for an easier way to get in your veggies, I found a recipe for some pretty delicious cookies. I don't have it handy, but if you just Google "ideal protein chocolate zucchini cookies" it should come up. It's like 1 chocolate drink, 1 crispy cereal, some egg whites, and 2 cups of shredded zucchini. I made them a couple weeks ago and they taste like brownies (I made my really big - whole recipe only made about 6 cookies - and they were the consistency of brownies too). I couldn't taste the zucchini at all so it's an easy way to get in a full cup of veggies!
  • honeymoonpress
    honeymoonpress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @kgabriele1993 thanks. I'll try that!
  • spaalexis
    spaalexis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just restarted IP after a 7.5 months off of it. I gained all my weight back plus 11 pounds. It's strange cause BCA says I only went up 2% in fat but it appears visually to be more.
  • michellehawkins14
    Options
    spaalexis wrote: »
    Just restarted IP after a 7.5 months off of it. I gained all my weight back plus 11 pounds. It's strange cause BCA says I only went up 2% in fat but it appears visually to be more.

I'm also getting back on after a break. Finding it hard to get 100% motivated! It could appear to be visually more since you will have gained some water weight back too, right?
  • gonzeloy
    gonzeloy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started IP October 31 and so today completing 2 months... It's working! Would like to engage others using IP for learning, support and encouragement!

Happy New Year!

Best,
    eloy