Feel like I know you!

Options
JENKENO
JENKENO Posts: 4 Member
I am grateful to have stumbled upon this group! I stopped tracking....started gaining. You have motivated me to get back on my "journey." Somewhere I took a detour. I was 287 lbs., got down to 133, and currently weigh 150. My goal is 135. Need lots of motivation!

Replies

• MissyN452
    MissyN452 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've always weighed more than I like, and have tried seriously in the past to lose it, but lose motivation after a few months. I'm a bit of an introvert so don't really like working out with people, group sports etc. but I think I need some support to help stay the course! I think an online group would be great :smile: so I was very happy to see this group.

At the moment I'm 88KG (194 pounds) and by December would like to be around the 65Kg (140 pounds) which is achievable if I stick to it. I know a lot about health and fitness from trying many times before with success, but then lose motivation / give up for no reason.

I'm here for motivation - to give it and get it! Let's do it :smiley:
  • CTXGal
    CTXGal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am close to my highest weight, now at 237. Would like to get back to close to what I was before the weight gain...goal is around 160. It does seem like an overwhelming, impossible feat, so I am hoping by being here it will make me realize it is possible.
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello, just joined. Love the title as that is my goal! I am trying to lose 20 - 30 lbs. ( hopefully by May) But most importantly to be in the best shape I can. Would love help reaching my goal.
  • MissyN452
    Options
    It seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. I've tried a lot of things, and given up so many times I've stopped keeping track. This year I have a very clear and determined mindset. I am hoping to become a healthy eater and increase my fitness. In the process I'm hoping to get to a healty weight of about 65KG (about 140 pound) from my current 88KG (194 pound).

Hopefully we can all keep the momentum going between us.
  • JENKENO
    Options
    We can do it.....together! I am really struggling with jumping back into exercise. I have used every excuse for the last 5 days and I think it all comes down to fear. My poor sleeping habits and eating schedule are two of my biggest culprits for my lack of motivation to hop on the treadmill and do strength training exercises.

JUST GOTTA GET TO IT!
  • MissyN452
    Options
    I think Jen if you try to do it 100% from day one, it can be really hard to maintain in the long run. I've set small goals in January - so for me, this means keeping within my calorie intake each day (with 1 cheat meal, not day, each week), 1x30 minute weights (burns more calories and will make you look better than just cardio!) and making sure I do 10000 steps a day which is the heart foundation recommendation.

That way I am focusing on a short workout and food this month, then based on how I'm feeling at the end of January I might increase it to eating well, plus 2 x 30 minute workouts [1 weights, 1 cardio] a week, and keeping the 10,000 steps.

In the past that has been the way I have stayed motivated the longest, by setting little goals each week, then each month, then increasing slowly each month. I also browse pinterest A LOT! When I'm feeling down I go on there and look for different little workouts or a new healthy recipe to make.

Fitness Blender on youtube has a lot of short workouts (like 10 minutes) if you want to begin with aiming for 3 or 4 of those a week. If you're not likely to do any exercise otherwise, they are an awesome way to start. I found when I was severely overweight and hadn't done ANY exercise, they helped build my confidence in time.

I hope this maybe gives you some ideas on where to start! :smile: Small goals, small steps!
  • JENKENO
    Options
    Thanks Missy! Just what I needed to be reminded of....Small goals, small steps. I keep forgetting that. Thanks so much!