Gifts you received that promote a healthier life

2»

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,427 Member
    - Garmin vivosmart HR. Love it waterproof for showering & swimming.
    - dehydrator
    - vegetable spiral that is safer than the small one I have already.

Let me know what you think of your dehydrator...sounds like something fun to have!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    @fatchimom congratulations!! :)

A lot of cool gifts! My birthday is coming up so I might hint at some items listed here. ;)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    I got one of those daylight-simulating alarm clocks, that wakes you with light instead of an alarm.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    kirkor wrote: »
    I got one of those daylight-simulating alarm clocks, that wakes you with light instead of an alarm.

Does it work? I worry I would sleep right through it.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    @ki4eld & @jyvonne27 , thanks for the tech tips!
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »

I find this intriguing but I know I would sleep right through it. I have minimum of 5 alarms set between the alarm clock, my cell and iPad to get up for work. I like to sleep :blush: which I should be doing right now!
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    fatchimom wrote: »
    WOW! Awesome gifts!!! Santa totally spoiled me but not with keto or food related items. Top of the list was an engagement ring.

Congrats!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    fatchimom wrote: »
    WOW! Awesome gifts!!! Santa totally spoiled me but not with keto or food related items. Top of the list was an engagement ring.

Shiny! Congrats!
  • livedaily1913
    livedaily1913 Posts: 6 Member
    Workout clothes, kettle balls, speed rope and Fitbit charge!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

I find this intriguing but I know I would sleep right through it. I have minimum of 5 alarms set between the alarm clock, my cell and iPad to get up for work. I like to sleep :blush: which I should be doing right now!

My mum had one of these and found she woke up directly even the smallest amount of light came on, so it was the opposite problem.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Sunflower seeds. lol.

I guess the two gift cards support my lifestyle, since I used the one for Amazon to buy Himalayan salt. The other is to Kohl's and I can't decide if I should hold onto it until I fit in a size 6, or if I should use it toward the Coffee Ninja bar I want. :D

I got an iPad, too, which I'll probably use to check these forums, track food, display recipes while I'm cooking, etc.

(I also got, from the same people, loads of candy, including stuff with gluten they knew I couldn't eat... soooo... thanks for the gift of the opportunity to reinforce my good decision making!)
  • catherineh1027
    catherineh1027 Posts: 39 Member
    My LG watch that uses Google fit so I can track my steps. MFP and Google fit linking together was aggravating to get working but they finally are. :smile: Also, my sister ought me cute, ceramic measuring cups when stacked together looks like a mason jar. I love using them for measuring my servings combined with my scale.