Estroven

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
Has anyone here tried Estroven? Ingredients say soy isoflavenes and black cohosh.

What about Estroven Weight Management formula? It has the soy and cohosh plus something to regulate serotonin which supposedly regulates hunger.

I thought I might try it after I finish my bottle of black cohosh. The cohosh has definitely helped several symptoms, and I hear good things about soy.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned it before, but I use: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Tobias-Hormonal-Menopause-Capsules/dp/B010FX50GA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451308017&sr=8-1&keywords=menopause

It's less expensive. It also has soy, cohosh, as well as dong quai.

A friend's doctor just made her stop taking estroven because her liver values went wonky. Doc thinks it was the black cohosh.
    Good luck, and hope you find what works!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've mentioned it before, but I use: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Tobias-Hormonal-Menopause-Capsules/dp/B010FX50GA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451308017&sr=8-1&keywords=menopause

A friend's doctor just made her stop taking estroven because her liver values went wonky. Doc thinks it was the black cohosh.

Thanks for posting a link to this. I just placed an order for it so it should arrive on Wednesday. :) I've been looking around for something natural to try as I have just started to have difficulty sleeping at night and my doctor said it is just one of the many symptoms that I'll have as I reach menopause. So far I don't have any other symptoms.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »

Thanks for posting a link to this. I just placed an order for it so it should arrive on Wednesday. :) I've been looking around for something natural to try as I have just started to have difficulty sleeping at night and my doctor said it is just one of the many symptoms that I'll have as I reach menopause. So far I don't have any other symptoms.

Sleep sucked for quite a while for me. It's slowly getting better I'm happy to report.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options

Sleep sucked for quite a while for me. It's slowly getting better I'm happy to report.

I'm glad that it is getting better for you. Do you think the pills helped at all? If I go to bed early enough I can usually get about 6 hours of sleep. My Fitbit shows that I am very restless during the night which is something new for me. I used to be such a sound sleeper that I probably wouldn't hear the fire alarm if it went off.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I'm glad that it is getting better for you. Do you think the pills helped at all? If I go to bed early enough I can usually get about 6 hours of sleep. My Fitbit shows that I am very restless during the night which is something new for me. I used to be such a sound sleeper that I probably wouldn't hear the fire alarm if it went off.

I think it's a combination of things: low dose progesterone cream at night (it's calming and I think has the most effect), the menopause support pills, a lower carb diet, and when in a pinch: benadryl or vistaril. I don't want to use prescription sleep aides.

• FitPhillygirl
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Is the cream OTC or do you need a prescription for it?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I used OTC and then got prescription. Amazon has several where you know exactly how many MG you're getting. Look for one with about 25mg per pump.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options

I used OTC and then got prescription. Amazon has several where you know exactly how many MG you're getting. Look for one with about 25mg per pump.

Thanks again. I'll check for this. I'm on day 3 of the Dr. Tobias caps. The first night that I took them I slept for 7 hours straight. However, last night was another poor sleep night with less than 6.5 hours of sleep and awake 3 times. I'm getting sick though, so that may have something to do with it. I'm going to keep taking them for at least a week and see how my body reacts to them. I do like the fact that they are all natural.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Thanks again. I'll check for this. I'm on day 3 of the Dr. Tobias caps. The first night that I took them I slept for 7 hours straight. However, last night was another poor sleep night with less than 6.5 hours of sleep and awake 3 times. I'm getting sick though, so that may have something to do with it. I'm going to keep taking them for at least a week and see how my body reacts to them. I do like the fact that they are all natural.

Keep me posted. I find they help a bit with MOOD. :smile:
  • cdover10
    cdover10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm having terrible hot flashes. I use Estroven and not really sure if it is helping. I sleep okay though. Has anyone tried essential oils for help.