What are your plans?

kaysday
kaysday Posts: 256 Member
How does everyone plan on attacking those 2 pounds a week? Do you have a plan? Are you just going to "go with the flow"? If no plan that's okay too
My plans include... Keeping my calories slightly under maintenance, trying to workout at least 5 times a week. Most likely weekends off. Aiming for strength training 3 times a week and low intensity cardio the other 2 days of the week. Eventually increasing my workout times as I get a little stronger.
Also something I wanted to just incorporate for myself is having one day for a vegetarian day. Only one day out of the week. Those are some of my personal goals.

Replies

• chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    My plan is to keep the calories low, switch to drinking only water and try to cut out refined sugar. I'll stick with exercising on my bike - I'm aiming for 10k per day (I know it's not much but I want a distance I can commit to) working at level 22.
  • kaysday
    That sounds awesome @chloe2300 especially that only drinking water part. That's something I need to incorporate as well.
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    @kaysday and @chloe2300 Those are really great plans!! More power to you, kaysday, for aiming to work out 5 days a week; I wish, but I work all week! :*

I aim to work out 4 times a week (3 or more is the real goal), and of course I'll try to keep my calories under goal every day (though lord knows THAT'S the roughest part!) I noticed that making my diet very rich in vegetables/protein but low in carbs - at least on days I'm not strenuously working out - really helped me shed pounds. I think I'll try that again this go round! And of course, lots of water is a MUST!
  • itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    For me, this is my first official week of taking charge of my eating and exercise. My plan is to move more every day and log everything I eat. Portion control is also part of my plan along with sticking to my calorie budget. For now, I want to commit to "exercise" 3-4 days per week. Lets see how things go this week!
  • KoshVorlon
    KoshVorlon Posts: 31 Member
    I have reduced my daily calorie intake to 1350 from 1450. When I began this journey in October I set it at 1550. Today I logged 1471 calories. Higher than the last few days as I went out to lunch. My plan is to watch the calories carefully, but otherwise eat what I want. Doing this has changed the way I view food. I stay away from chocolate and ice cream (my favs) as well as all other sweets. My bread is low cal at 40 or 45 cals per slice. I don't eat much cheese or milk anymore because of high calorie counts. Yogurt and fruits are now my new favorites. I have a long way to go and am gaining more energy with the loss of weight so far. So I have hope.

You guys are pressing and pushing me though with your exercise regimens. I admire that. I hate exercise...I will have to work on that I guess...
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    @KoshVorlon I... used to HATE exercise. And this was only maybe 4 months ago. Despised it - why would anyone do that to themselves?! What a terrible way to spend your time! And I even had some friends like "Oh, join me for my Zumba class!" and I'd show up to be a good friend, and I felt SO SILLY and OUT OF PLACE!! Why am I even here?? This is ridiculous, I look ridiculous, and I'm never doing this again, this is NOT ME!!

Which is to say I understand where you're coming from... :smile: The best advice that I can give is this: If you find some way to move - ANY way to move - that you enjoy, you wont think of it as exercise. It's about moving your body, that's all. I started out just taking long, slow, leisurely walks around the neighborhood, and I learned that I don't hate walking! And when I watched my husband start running, I thought, gosh, he's not athletic, he's chubby like me; come on, I could do that probably... And after a stumble-y start, now I run, too! And my favorite pastime used to be splitting a big pizza with him!

I hope you come to find some sort of movement you don't hate, and I'll continually wish you the best to find something - you'll feel AMAZING if you do (which really is the damnedest thing; I always thought people were bluffing!) If nothing else, it is THE THING that will make the weight literally drop off, so perhaps it's reason enough to give it a whirl? :wink:
  • KoshVorlon
    KoshVorlon Posts: 31 Member
    :)
  • kaysday
    Just like you both, I wasn't the exercise type either. I grew to like it also. I just started noticing a more "firmer" me when I started the routines. Not only do I do cardio I also incorporate Strength training. I know that the strength training shapes and tones your body nicely. I personally need that. I went from not doing anything to just going head on into 5 days a week at the beginning of my journey in August. Now I do anywhere from 3 to 5 days depending on my mood. Before for me I think it was more of the intimidation about going to the gym and being in front of people are trying to work out. Now I go in with my headphones and don't pay attention to my surroundings too much lol ☺️
  • vsoffen
    vsoffen Posts: 190 Member
    My plan is to
    stick to below my calorie goal.
    Not eat back exercise calories
    Attend my fitness classes (2.5 hr a week)
    Run twice a week
    If out for food (lunch or dinner) make a sensible choice
    Reduce alcohol intake