15-20 lbs away from goal?

Options
These can be some of the toughest lbs to lose, especially if you are within your healthy BMI. I am currently 152 and am losing the last 17 lbs to get to my goal weight of 135. I have already lost 20 lbs from when I began in march. Just trying to get motivated for these last 17!

Join me and tell me your story!

Replies

• sarab260
    sarab260 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am in the same exact boat! 2016 is our year, we can do this!
  • BetzPod
    BetzPod Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 14lbs from goal having lost 8lbs already. Ideally i'd like to lose another 19lbs but i'd be happy with the 14, i'll see how I look and feel after 14. Good luck!!
  • aniucha83
    aniucha83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm less than 20lbs away from my ideal weight. I'm starting c25k tomorrow anybody wants to join me?
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 15lbs away from my goal. It's really hard to get motivated because some days I think I look great at the weight that I'm at, other days not so much. Time to get motivated.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been about 30 away from goal fir a whole year. This is the year I will finally get to my goal.

Its been tough cuz I'm fitting into small sizes so my motivation is a bit low, but I want to be on the low to mid end of my bmi.

I also have a lot of fitness goals I've missed due to some injuries last year. Couldn't run since June due to Achilles sprain. Couldn't lift for the winter due to tailbone injury. Now I'm refreshed and ready to get back to it.

30 minute 5k time.
    Chin ups.
    Heavy squats and deadlifts.
    Look like a chisled tank.
  • fleurhaus
    fleurhaus Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm about 13 pounds away from my goal (healthy BMI currently). I have lost about 33 pounds already. It feels like it is so much harder to lose these last pounds, but we have to trust that we can do this. Stay motivated, you'll get there.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Me! I am currently at 159 and want to get to my goal weight of 145.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    aniucha83 wrote: »
    I'm less than 20lbs away from my ideal weight. I'm starting c25k tomorrow anybody wants to join me?

I would like to! I have started that program once before and just didn't put much effort into even getting past the first week. But, this is my year and I would like to do it again!
  • MPK0406
    MPK0406 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my third baby in July 2015 and lost all of the 'baby weight' but I was about 20 lbs over my ideal weight to start with. I am weaning from BF over the next month and would like to start to focus on myself again. I am going to keep my log going again (I stopped while pregnant). My biggest hurdle is trying to determine what workouts to do and when to get them in during the day. I work FT, have 3 kids (the older two with super busy schedules) and have a household to maintain. I don't want to keep making excuses, I just need to understand where to fit everything in...anyone have any suggestions?
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sarah Lynn, I am in the same boat. Similar weight and similar weight loss goal. This is the heaviest I have ever been and on the border of being in a dangerous BMI for my height. Never thought I would let myself get to this point. When my fat pants started feeling tight and I started to not recognize myself in photos anymore I knew I had to change. Plus I just feel unhealthy overall. Exercise is off to a really good start. Joined a very challenging bootcamp. Now just have to focus on smaller portions, eliminating the emotional eating and making wiser food choices. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    MPK0466 I joined a bootcamp class that offers classes at 5am and 6am. That helps me fit it in. My kids have busy schedules too and I feel like I never have time for myself unless I do it before they wake up.
  • sarahlynwalters
    sarahlynwalters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying everyone! We all deserve to look and feel how we desire! I have been a part of a weigh in group that you all may be interested in. It helped me stay on track through December. I'll post the group in my next post! Make decisions you feel good about and I'll see you in skinny town!
  • sarahlynwalters
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/110773-january-february-weight-loss-group

Above is the weigh in group I participated in last month. Join if you think it would be helpful to you! This group runs through the end of feb, two solid months to get your healthy on!!!!
  • sarahlynwalters
    Options
    I'm 15lbs away from my goal. It's really hard to get motivated because some days I think I look great at the weight that I'm at, other days not so much. Time to get motivated.

I know what you mean....

• Jakiepaper
    Jakiepaper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to two gyms and had a pretty active job. We moved in July, I was at 125. There are no gyms here and I know don't have an active job, I got up to 145 with in a few months. So, I want to get back down to 125 so I can wear my jeans again and look good in my clothes and feel good about myself again. I was always overweight, in 2008 I kicked it into high gear and lost 100 lbs and pretty much maintained until now. I KNOW that what works for me is counting calories and carbs. It just takes a loooong to to get motivated since there are sooooo many temptations out there. I takes a while to get the mind set back!
  • lladykaro
    lladykaro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I yo-yoed for the past year. Recently got married (Oct.) plus the holidays, I found myself to be up another 10 lbs. Now I'm starting again from square one. I am looking to lose 16 lbs to be in my healthy BMI range. I'm 46, so it gets harder every day. I'm determined but need encouragement and tips.
  • MPK0406
    MPK0406 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MPK0466 I joined a bootcamp class that offers classes at 5am and 6am. That helps me fit it in. My kids have busy schedules too and I feel like I never have time for myself unless I do it before they wake up.

That was a thought for me ProfDawnLee but the class they offer at the local gym is at 5:30 and my husband leaves for work at 5:45.
    Have you tried any at-home workouts? Like Piyo or other beachbody workouts?

• westhighlandterror
    Options
    MPK0406 wrote: »

That was a thought for me ProfDawnLee but the class they offer at the local gym is at 5:30 and my husband leaves for work at 5:45.
    Have you tried any at-home workouts? Like Piyo or other beachbody workouts?
    MPK -
    I'm with you. My baby is 6mos and now I'm trying to lose the baby weight (20-25lbs). I have also just stopped breastfeeding in the last couple weeks. Working FT with 2 kids it is so hard to fit working out into my day. After my first I did Beachbody's Insanity workouts. They were HARD but made a huge difference. I also bought PiYo right before I got pregnant and then didn't stick with it. I'm just starting to workout again but am hoping to add some of that into my routine. I am signed up to run a 1/2 marathon in June so I need to get my butt off the couch.
  • VeryCarrie6969
    VeryCarrie6969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a 50ish busy working wife, mom, grandma needing to lose15-20 lb. Looking for similar friends for mutual support. Friend me and we'll share the journey!
  • dbkass
    dbkass Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have common I am 50ish, Single working mom. I am here looking to connect friends keep me accountable to daily tracking and working toward losing 15 pounds.