Introductions

Options
willowcb
willowcb Posts: 20 Member
Hello!
Well, tomorrow is the big day and the start of a New Year where we are all going to do fantastic things!
I live in Michigan and I'm in my late 50s. Have two grown children and several grandchildren.
I've had trouble with my weight most of my life. Mainly due to a bit of genetics, lack of exercise and a truly terrible sweet tooth. I'm a snacker of many things....
Candy, chips and peanuts/nuts. I really must learn to pace myself with such things :)
However, I have managed to lose weight on a couple of occasions in my life. I've just really got to make a life change though and eat more healthy most of the time to keep it off.
I don't plan on tracking my food too much since I find that tends to be difficult for me. I work two jobs 5 days per week and find tracking time consuming.
My plan is to keep it to 1200 calories each day in the beginning, drink more water, and move a bit more.
And to find my much need support here with those of you here in our group:)
Willow

Replies

• Janes_MFP
    Janes_MFP Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    nice to hear about you.
    i will write my intros when i get to a real computer and not my cell phone. :)
  • Janes_MFP
    Janes_MFP Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I live in the midwest and am in my lower 50's. i only have about 6 pounds to lose but i want to keep it off. i was successful with WW but i dont want to pay for it right now.
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am female age 45 and have been On MFP for about 3 years. I lose and gain and last year lost 7.7kg which I am pleased about. I now have to lose 10.2 kg to get to my goal of 70kg I am 5"8 tall.
    To lose the weight I have been doing 5;2 and also intermittent fasting. I also try to reduce my carb intake to max of 100-150g per day. It's been good so far I also have the occasional slips and hunger days which are part of life.
    I am starting again after the festive season. So good luck to everyone and we can do this
  • willowcb
    willowcb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you Foomsy for introducing yourself:) I walked today which gave me a bit of a boost in my confidence. Hope to be able to post a weight loss soon. You're right, we can do this!