Happy New Year Team Green! January 1-15

Options
bbinoa
bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
I'm a little early but thought I'd get us started for the New Year... What are your goals? Any resolutions? Hope everyone has a fantastic New Years!!

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy New Year!!
    Goals: 26 green days; 2 15 day streaks (counting the one that was at 6 days yesterday); and 16 exercise days.

2016 goals:
    Fitness: get back to and maintain between 155-160lbs (I was 165 at the gym today, my official weigh in day is tomorrow.) and decrease my body fat to 22%

Financial: get our spending under control. We can pay all of our bills with hubby's paycheck and we waste so much of mine. So we reinstated the monthly budget meetings that we used to do when we did need my money and menu planning to keep us out of restaurants.

Self-improvement: Read one non-fiction book per month and improve an old skill or learn a new one monthly. Currently, I am reading Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength. And this month, I want to improve my meal making skills. I can cook and I can bake like mad, but I want to get better at cooking meals (and staying out of restaurants.

1/1
    green 1/26
    Streak 7
    Exercise - yes 1/16
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Goals for January : 25 green days, and some sort of activity/exercise the majority of the days (at least 16).

These next few months are going to be a bit of a challenge for me, I think. My foot is continuing to heal (yea!)... the cortisone shot helped, but I'm still really restricted activity wise. I have 2 more shots.
    I'll also be having surgery in the next few weeks (I'll probably have that scheduled this week). I've been having some problems for a while (guys in out group can skip ahead!) With all that female junk, so opted to finally have the 'H' surgery. I'll keep you guys updated. With both of those issues plus some meds for them weight loss has not been happening for me :( I'm looking forward to a much fresher start in a couple months!!!

So for now, I'm just working on maintenance and being in a good place for healing. Other 2016 goals:

Fitness: come back in kick butt shape ready to go! I want to complete one of my favorite 5ks in June in Gettysburg. Very cool, it goes through part of the battle field area.

Other: I'm going to work on my knitting! I want to make something other than a scarf.

Food: cutting back a little on sugar.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, I love your goals!! The food planning really appeals to me... what sort of things are you making? I know you'll be very successful :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @bbinoa - my boss lost 23 pounds after her H surgery. Plus a ten pound fibroid (ouch)

Tomorrow I am having waffles and sausage links because goals aside it's my favorite and my birthday. Then shepherd's pie, spaghetti and meatballs (I am making the meatballs.), tacos, chicken and veggies in the crock pot, pizza (I have a meeting Thursday), home made tomato soup and grilled cheese and cheeseburger pasta. When I get my grocery ads on Wednesday, I will plan the next week.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    1-1
    Green: 1/27
    Exercise: 1/20

Happy New Year!!!

I'm so glad to be back fully and alive to see 2016. I believe it's going to be a great year for all of us.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Great goals you've set for yourself!! I wish I enjoyed non-fiction books, but typically I can't get into them. I generally stick to fiction, but I love that reading goal. You actually have me thinking about several things after reading your goals. Be sure to keep us updated throughout the year.
    @bbinoa Although you have had a few challenges, I love your positive attitude. You have some great goals, and I know you'll feel like a new woman after that surgery. I haven't met a women yet that's regretted having the Big H. Well, except for those that wanted but never had children. Definitely keep us informed.

I generally don't set goals for the new year because I never seem to aim for them. I did, however, start creating a vision board for 2016, which is probably the same thing as setting goals or resolutions, but I like the concept better. My vision board includes eating more fruits & veggies, running more (I joined a year-long challenge to run/walk 1000 miles for the year. M-E-R-C-Y!!!), lifting weights, trying cross-fit, drinking plenty of water, reading my bible regularly, traveling more and being more stylish. :) I probably have more on there, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Oh, there's also something on there about money. I want to earn more in 2016 so that I can give more away and save more. @MelissaPhippsFeagins I think we're going to go back to our family budget meetings too. ;)

Well, that's all for now. It feels good to be back!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Goal 26 of 31
    Green today? Yes 1/26
    Streak 1
    Exercise goal 16
    Exercise today? 1/16

Starting fresh today!

I'm not big on resolutions but I am giving some thought to what I'd like to accomplish in 2016. I'll keep you posted
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Man! I had added a bunch of replies to the end of the message that posted but they didn't show. Too tired to redo so I'll try again tomorrow! Happy New Year everyone.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/1
    Green, yes!
    No real "exercise" but I was pretty busy all day taking down Christmas stuff, and doing a major house cleaning so I say it counts!
    Total 1/25

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, @Laughter_Girl, yea, I've heard pretty much nothing but rave reviews from women who've had the surgery. I'm not looking forward to downtime, but it'll probably be good for my foot, lol!

Melissa, those foods sound yummy! I try to find ways to make more than one meal.out of ingredients I buy. I do ok shopping on my own
    When my hubby comes along the cart looks like I took a 12 yr old with me! Combos and ice cream...? Really???

@Laughter_Girl I forgot I always try to be more "stylish " too. My friends and family affectionately call my look "Becky Style". A Mish mash of comfy stuff... jeans, sweaters, comfy shoes, usually something sparkly and nice handbags. A little whacky!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Happy Birthday!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bbinoa wrote: »
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Happy Birthday!!

Thanks!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    1/2 green - yes - 2/26
    Streak: 8
    Exercise - yes - 2/16

And I got what I wanted for my birthday. My family cleaned my house for me. :smiley: And I got my waffles & sausage and a southwestern omelet thrown in for protein since I wasn't hungry earlier in the day.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Goal 26 of 31
    Green today? Yes 2/26
    Streak 2
    Exercise goal 16
    Exercise today? 2/16

Hiked in the snow with hubby today. Nice, winter day.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-2
    Green: No. I did good for breakfast & my late lunch/early dinner, but the Cold Stone Creamery dessert set me back. :)
    Green Goal: 1/27
    Exercise: No.
    Exercise Goal: 1/20

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope you had a wonderful Birthday!!! I celebrated one of my closest friend's birthday today too. Based on my dessert, I think I celebrated your birthday too. Ha!
    @jenthibert Hiking in the snow with your hubby sounds like fun. I hope my hubby and I are able to do that in the near future.
    @bbinoa Moving continuously throughout the house certainly counts as exercise. Hope you had a great day!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/2
    Did good until later, date night w my hubby... diner and a movie and then met friends for coffee and dessert. Oh well, it was fun!

@jenthibert wow... snow! Nothing here yet in PA but it's finally cold at least!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Goal 26 of 31
    Green today? Yes 3/26
    Streak 3
    Exercise goal 16
    Exercise today? 3/16

Calling it early. I know I'll be green. Simple dinner planned. I've really enjoyed having a few days off. I needed it but I'm glad I waited until after Christmas. Got alot done but was able to relax too. That wouldn't have happened Christmas week!

Exercised today. Ended up with 7 miles in just under 1 hour 4 minutes. Pretty happy with that since it was my first run outside in awhile.

This week will be busy. Three swim meets, two away. My daughter starts driver's ed too. But meals are planned so that'll help.

I've given some thought to some goals. I'd like to continue with the coaching which I'd planned to end after this month. I've come a long way and I'd like to see how much more I can improve plus I like the assignments.

I'm also going to stop tracking my weight. I'll probably still weigh in daily but there's something about entering into a tracker that bothers me so I'm taking a break.

@bbinoa, best of luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes smoothly and you recover quickly.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, I like your reading goal. I love a good mystery or action/adventure book. I have several waiting in the wings. Hmmm...

@Laughter_Girl, I'd love to be more stylish too. I wouldn't even know where to start.

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'd like to commit to keeping it green for January - I'm iff to a dreadful start and I'm hoping this will help me refocus.
    25 green days as a target.

My goals moving forward will be
    1) to get back into menu planning
    2) to recommit to strength training
    3) to do what I need to get healthy enough to start running again (getting over trochanter bursitis and Achilles tendonitis.)

I've loved reading your goals - I love to knit and read - so I can identify.

1st, 2nd and 3rd - ALL red - way too much Christmas cake and salted nuts combined with waaaaaay toooo little walking (it's a bit wet here in the NW of the U.K.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @k80flec, I love to knit too! In fact, looking at patterns right now. Looking for something fun...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    1/3 - green - 3/26
    Streak - 8
    Exercise - no 2/16

@Laughter_Girl thanks for celebrating my birthday for me. I hope you enjoyed it. :smiley:

@jenthibert - enjoy your reading list

@k80flec - good to "see" you. Good luck with your goals this month and this year.

We are off to a good start Team Green. Let's make 2016 a losing year foe the win!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-3
    Green: Yes
    Green Goal: 2/27
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 2/20

It was a good day for me. I'm finally back on track!

@jenthibert You can be more stylish too. I decided I would start with my accessories. They can make or break an outfit or change up the look. We can do it!!!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl, accessories beyond the necklace I've probably worn the last six months?lol
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/3
    Hmmm. Red?
    Total 1/25
    I didn't really log yesterday. I think I'm still in holiday mode! Just one of those days!!