Practice Board

1235»

Replies

• atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    texgal927 wrote: »
    atrosper wrote: »
    I realized I didn't say anything about my eating. I will be trying to eat healthier, and not eating out as much. I don't have much money, but still eat way too much fast food. I am going to try and eat healthier while still trying to stay in a very small weekly budget.

i buy a lot of frozen veggies they don't go bad and saute some chicken and add frozen veggies and you got a meal

I might do that, and make sure that I designate a shelf in the freezer for me.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Question about the first weigh in: when and where can we post our starting weight?
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Jasmin : That'll probably be on Monday ;)
  • marcy2421
    marcy2421 Posts: 15 Member
    My Plans For Losing Weight in 2016: I plan on doing a lot of strength exercises and committing to going to the gym for a minimum of 3 days a week. Also, I will commit to changing my diet to be as paleo friendly as I can get it. I also want to run my first 5k this year.
  • JasmijnRF
    adelinue wrote: »
    Jasmin : That'll probably be on Monday ;)

Thank you. I wasn't sure.
  • ashleyduke047
    ashleyduke047 Posts: 8 Member
    My plans for 2016 are drinking more water and taking my vitamins every day. Getting to my goal weight of 150lbs. Starting up yoga again. And reading and meditating for my mental strength and health too!
  • ashleyduke047
    ashleyduke047 Posts: 8 Member
    goforit06 wrote: »
    My goal is to make exercise part of my week. No more excuses! I'm going to start with this challenge and make myself a priority

Making ourselves a priority is a huge step!
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    adelinue wrote: »
    My plan/goal for 2016 is to be able to go to the gym regularly. I've went to the gym before and always felt inadequate because all the other guys there were like super fit and I was overweight (edging on obese) at the time. Since November, i've been doing at home workouts and had moderate success, losing more than 25lbs and getting into the healthy BMI range. My goal is to continue, reach my goal weight then work on getting more muscles at the gym without feeling like a loser and self-concious while there.

You should set a date to go to the gym and just GO! I wanted to go to the swimming pool for a long time to take aquasize classes and swim laps, but I was too self conscious. Finally, I just challenged myself to do it. I signed up and started going and it has become my favorite workout! I could kick myself for not having the courage to do it before. I thought about it for nearly 9 months before I did it. That was 9 months of wasted time that I could have been getting more fit and enjoying a fun activity. Who cares what other people are doing? You are there to compete with yourself, not compare yourself to anyone else!

Your advice has been turning in my head for over a week XD So I just did that, fixed a day to go to the gym! (In two weeks, right after I finish my midterms)
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    edited January 2016
    andy_geek wrote: »
    I did well in 2014 to break through a plateau and got down to 199 lbs in Dec 2014.
    2015 I regressed quite a bit and added on about 30 lbs so my goal for 2016 is to get *below* 199 :)

2015 was also a year of regression for me too! I'm excited to get back to the basics logging food, staying under my calorie goal and get MOVING!!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    I've been active on MFP for about a month now, and I've lost about 5 lbs. But most of all I feel so much better and having this community is great. My goals this year are to get back down to 150 (even lower is better but gotta start somewhere), to drink more water, and to be more active, even if that means just walking more. I also want and need to quit smoking, and I'm working on that as well. As it goes though, so far this has been the toughest part just like I knew it would be.
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    What are your plans for the new year for losing weight?

My plan is complete a whole round of the 21 day fix and to be able to complete all 21 days of the workouts and eating healthy! :)

I want to keep doing the 21 day fix plan until I lose all the weight that I need to lose.
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    I'm starting 21 Day Fix today!! Super excited!! I'm also gonna complete the 6 wk 6 pk, a 30 day squat challenge and a 30 day plank challenge. If all goes well with these programs, I'm gonna do multiple rounds of them until I lose the weight.

My biggest plan is to stay active and learn how to make healthy food choices.
  • chrisg3421
    chrisg3421 Posts: 8 Member
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    I'm starting 21 Day Fix today!! Super excited!! I'm also gonna complete the 6 wk 6 pk, a 30 day squat challenge and a 30 day plank challenge. If all goes well with these programs, I'm gonna do multiple rounds of them until I lose the weight.

I have never heard of 21 Day Fix until you talked about it, so I looked into it. It looks like a great idea and something I would like to try.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    My plans for the new year to continue to lose weight and for exercise:
    2016 Personal Challenge
    Daily exercise
    Run/walk 3 days/week
    Daily planning

First, I will continue what worked well last year. Then this year, I will be focusing more on exercising and better daily organization.

Ordered my running shoes yesterday. (Can be difficult/frustrating to have a narrow foot.) I'm so excited. Today is gorgeous but a bit on the cold side. While I'm waiting for the shoes, there is this steep hill close to my house that I've always wanted to climb. (I'm talking road to the top in my subdivision kind of climb.) Today may be the day!

Best wishes to everyone to reach your own personal peaks this year and during this challenge! :)
  • JasmijnRF
    Good luck running, JMcarcella57 :)
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    My plans for the new year for losing weight is to utilize my Fitbit which should help me to focus on burning calories.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member

Nice plan Bri. Good luck on your journey.

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    dillyg08 wrote: »

Nice plan Bri. Good luck on your journey.

Heyyy hun. Good to see ya. Which team are you on?
This discussion has been closed.