Looking for motivation

Hi everyone! I'm looking to grow a female support system to help with motivation and accountability. I'm 41 and the mom of 2 middle school age kids. A little history...I did MFP 2 years ago and went from 138 pounds down to 118 pounds. The last of those 5 pounds was lost due to a major life event where I barely eating. A little over a year later my dad was diagnosed with cancer and I became a major part of his support system...driving him to and from appointments and helping with his meals and medications. Just being there for him like he was there for me when I needed him. 6 months later, in June 2015, he passed away. Most of the past year I've spent not paying little attention to myself expecially my health. I've not only gain back the weight I lost but am now at 150 pounds. That's my highest weight ever. Even though I have a gym membership I haven't gotten there more than a handful of times and have been eating when I'm bored. I know I can get back to where I need to be. My goal is to be at 125 pounds by June. I know I can do this and I know I can provide support to others. Let me know if you're interested in being friends and motivating each other. :)

Replies

• heidici
    heidici Posts: 5 Member
    I am really sorry to hear your story. Like you I have 2 children, I lost all the baby weight 4 years ago and have used MFP to stay on track when needed. Then in the past year, I turned 41, my job got a little more stressful and bam....I am almost as heavy as I was. The weight just don't want to come off.I am 157 pounds, looking to go down to 140 pounds. I also know I can do this, but would be great with some support, so feel free to friend me and good luck on your journey!