Blasphemy

Slimithy
Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
I know it is Vidya Game heresy to say this but I must admit... I don't like the Fallout games... I know, I know, I'm a bad gamer. In particular I'm obviously a bad PC gamer as we are supposed to love all things Bethesda due to their mod seen.

I've tried about 8 hours of Fallout New Vegas and about 15 hours of Fallout 3. I'm just not into it. I think it may be the barren setting. For the record I absolutely love the Elder Scrolls series (I've even enjoyed some time in that bastardized MMO version of it).

So what games do you dislike that everyone says are supposedly good?

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    First I was going to say "all fps games", but that more a "it's not you, it's me" thing since they all make me want to chunder, so I won't say that.

League of legends. I just can't get into the whole tower defence strategy genre. I've tried it and Dota, and it's just a whole lotta nope.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    First I was going to say "all fps games", but that more a "it's not you, it's me" thing since they all make me want to chunder, so I won't say that.

League of legends. I just can't get into the whole tower defence strategy genre. I've tried it and Dota, and it's just a whole lotta nope.

I couldn't do LOL because it is too technical for me, the matches are too long, and the community is considered... well... nit that nice. I've been playing Heroes of the Storm and really liking it though
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Slimithy wrote: »

I couldn't do LOL because it is too technical for me, the matches are too long, and the community is considered... well... nit that nice. I've been playing Heroes of the Storm and really liking it though

I'm in the same camp. I really did want to like DOTA and LoL, but i cant. For me it's less the technicalities and more thr long matches and the fact that I feel like too much time is spent trying to NOT hit the creeps. Maybe im just really bad at them, though. It also might be that I fell into playing Smite, which is way more action-oriented.

Also I think I hate Call of Duty.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Im totally in the same boat that I just could not get into the Fallout games, I own New Vegas and have tried countless times to love it but I just... don't. Also I don't like League Of Legends but honestly, I think its just because im really bad at it.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    I played Fallout 3 twice, I can't get into Fallout 4 as easily though. They took out a lot of the dialogue stuff I enjoyed, the gunplay is much better but it just doesn't feel as "alive" as Fallout 3
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Counterstrike is my dislike, realistically any "twitchy" PvP-only game is on my dislike list. I enjoy story and co-op challenges, not constantly dying and respawning.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    That is blasphemy!! Fallout gives me happies! I'd have to say my most blasphemous game dislike is Final Fantasy... get lotsa smack for that!
    Talking about sequels, couldn't get into Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. Something was just "off."