Protein powder

Options
reblazed
reblazed Posts: 255 Member
Anyone here have any suggestions for the 'best' protein powder? I'd like to concoct various flavored bullet proof smoothies (I do love my smoothies) but want to start with the best tasting, lowest carb, least gritty powder available. Help please.

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I like the Chocolate Sci-MX Ultra Whey Protein with 3.6g net carbs.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0013G8RWI

It's a little bit gritty as a shake, but it tastes so incredibly good that I can easily overlook it. And it's super tasty whipped up in some heavy cream for dessert :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Quest Is my favourite, and optimum nutrition comes in a close second. They both taste like the flavours described on the pack lol and mix up with no grittiness. Quest protein powder is also great to cook with.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Quest! That's all I use. I order the vanilla and chocolate from Amazon.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @PaleoInScotland Thanks ... the suggestion of whipping it up for dessert sounds yummy.
    @Christine_72 and @lovesretirement Thanks for mentioning the flavors and where to get Quest. It all sounds good.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love UMP -- it is sustained release 80/20 casein/whey ratio -- my weightlifting coach recommended it, and I love it. 120 calories/20 grams protein/4 grams carb. My favorite is vanilla, 2nd chocolate.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've used Isopure zero carb before. It's pretty good.The vanilla has 105 calories per scoop, zero carbs, 1 G fat, and 25g protein, and also has a few vitamins and minerals thrown in.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    The isopure cookies and cream is delicious in bpc. Right now I'm using a plant based protein I used to use in the beginning, it gives a thinner consistency that I like.
  • angellakh150
    angellakh150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    look up invigor 8 it's expensive but the best on the market
  • catsrule308
    catsrule308 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use BodyLab TastyShake Complete Whey Protein Powder. It's 90 calories a scoop, 2 carbs, 2 fat, and 15 protein. Even though its low in fat, you could put it in a smoothie with some nut butter to even it out. I get it for about $18, but it's a pretty big container, so it's worth it.