Fitbit Sync Delay~this explains it =)

Options

Fitbit Sync Delay
Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 11:22am PST

Hello everybody,

Starting on 1/4, we began seeing a large backlog with our Fitbit sync requests. This resulted in delayed sync times for Fitbit steps, calorie adjustments, exercises, etc. Most of the backlog was worked through overnight, but this morning it has quickly and drastically grown again. This backlog is causing issues across the entire program, including login issues, 502 errors, and an inability to sync.

In order to address the issues, we have temporarily suspended Fitbit sync within the program. This means that, for the time being, no data will be flowing to and from Fitbit. The temporary halt to syncing will not lose any data that is suspended in the queue, only pause it. During this time we do not recommend unlinking and relinking your accounts, as this will not resolve the issue for you.

We appreciate your continued patience while we address these major issues. We will continue to update this post so please check back for more information.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff
I found this article helpful
I did not find this article helpful
Last Updated: Jan 05, 2016 11:25AM PST
Contact Us

Email Us
Copyright 2005-2016 MyFitnessPal, Inc
Customer service software powered by Desk.com

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info.
  • antonioramir3z
    antonioramir3z Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • onesaxydude
    onesaxydude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing how this conveniently happened right when the company that recently bought MFP and took away many of the free features it used to have is taking preorders for devices that compete with FitBit.
  • Deberon
    Deberon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for an update on the problem, like a possible time period. I hate seeing red numbers even when I know I'm good.
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Any updates? Please?
  • sbgood
    sbgood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never was a problem before UnderArmour took over.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    So should we manually enter activity?
  • daisy989604
    daisy989604 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I'm thinking it could possibly double up if we do? For today I'm just going to let mine ride and see what happens. Hopefully it's back up soon. I'm loving my new Fitbit! And I've always loved MFP so being able to sync the 2 is a no-brainier for me. Good luck
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just looked for a similar day and ate around that number.
  • flyinion
    flyinion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm totally new to Fitbit (about a week now) so I wasn't sure if it was me or MFP not working right on syncing. I'll just target for the calories that Fitbit is telling me to shoot for today. Seems pretty close to what I'd expect from MFP as well (both are set to the same weight loss goal per week).
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    sbgood wrote: »
    Never was a problem before UnderArmour took over.

Not true. These sort of outages have cropped up from time to time since I got my first Fitbit over 2 years ago (and probably before). However, this is the first time I've seen them turn off sync for everyone. In the past, some lucky people continued to sync normally and others couldn't. I don't know if they turned it off for everyone because it is worse than other times or if it is a different approach to the same level of problem. So, that could be a change due to the UnderArmour take over.

Their message says that no data will be lost - that they're saving it and it will sync when the problem is fixed, but I have my doubts. In the past, if it wasn't syncing by midnight, none of my data for the previous day ever showed up on the other platform (no food on Fitbit, no calorie adjustment on MFP).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Mine just working again
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Mine just started working as well
  • awidicus
    awidicus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is this why I can't get it to track steps today? Brand new to MFP yesterday and had trouble with the setup. Got it working last night, but then didn't bring over any steps today from Fitbit. Unlinked and relinked (before I saw this post), but still no steps..... should I just keep waiting?
  • dellafiora3395
    dellafiora3395 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mine has never automatically synced. Is that a problem with me or the system?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's working again.

Yes, awidicus, you got unlucky and tried to get started right in the middle of an MFP software problem. They happen occasionally, but not often enough for me to give up on using MFP and Fitbit together.
  • jackiesagoddess
    jackiesagoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Within 5 minutes of others posting theirs are working, and mine is still not.
  • IrishThunder23
    IrishThunder23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine still is not working =(
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Im halfway there, MFP>FB = OK, FB>MFP still pending.

OP - thanks for sharing :)
  • daisy989604
    daisy989604 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Slowly things are syncing in for me =) Seems to be up and running for now