Weight Program

Options
Candicem99
Candicem99 Posts: 71 Member
What weight program are most following? Anyone doing STS? If so, are you getting good results. I just ordered and am hoping that it is worth the $

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm not familar with sts.

Right now i am doing kiki's em2wl periodized plans.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm following PHUL...what is STS?
  • Candicem99
    Options
    STS is by Cathe Friedrich, it has 3 cycles - endurance, hypertrophy and strength.
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to get cathe's workouts. They look so awesome!!!! You like it?
  • Candicem99
    Options
    I am doing some of her other weight workouts right now (never done her workouts before), waiting the on the STS DVD's to get here and the squat rack I ordered for the house.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have a squat rack at home :neutral:

I'm currently following a plan from a local trainer, but Stronglifts is great for those starting out in a gym and new to strength training :)
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Jealous about the squat rack!! I really wish my boyfriend and I could make it work for our place but there's not enough room....unless one of us gets rid of one of our cars, hmm...
  • Candicem99
    Options
    I wanted to get a power rack, but due to space issues and $$ wouldn't work, I got the adjuster one which are two separate stands, but I know someone who uses and it works just fine and will fit a lot better for me to start
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I built power cage from 2x4's for available space and barbell used, with squat, bench, incline and safety catches exactly where they need to be for me and my bench.
    Plates hang on sides.

• kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a squat rack at home! Yay!!! I follow Wendler's 5/3/1
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am doing Jamie Easons Live Fit. Not following her eating plan but counting my macros and I am seeing results!
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    I am doing Jamie Easons Live Fit. Not following her eating plan but counting my macros and I am seeing results!

Woohoo!
    kmac1196 wrote: »
    I have a squat rack at home! Yay!!! I follow Wendler's 5/3/1

Awesome! On my wishlist! (Not sure i have room though!)
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had to look a long time for one. My basement ceilings are lowish compared to squat racks so I had to get a smaller one. Found it on Amazon after looking for YEARS. I did have a squat stand that I used for a long time which was good but no safety's.
  • Candicem99
    Options
    I had to look a long time for one. My basement ceilings are lowish compared to squat racks so I had to get a smaller one. Found it on Amazon after looking for YEARS. I did have a squat stand that I used for a long time which was good but no safety's.

I know with the stands I have to be careful, but until I get real high up in weight, I should be good (I hope).
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm following PHUL after a year of SL 5x5 & dabbling with Strong Curves. I bought a used power cage & oly bar, bench with weights for $300 on Craigslist. Best money I ever spent! It's in a tiny bedroom of our house but works for me.
  • jerilynconn
    Options

Our basement is part guest room, part office, part lego room. Add in weight stuff and every corner of the room can have a different function. Lol!
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    I'm following PHUL after a year of SL 5x5 & dabbling with Strong Curves. I bought a used power cage & oly bar, bench with weights for $300 on Craigslist. Best money I ever spent! It's in a tiny bedroom of our house but works for me.

Awesome deal!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I love STS. Ive done it a few times over the years. Really great program and a great one that you dont have to think about it, you just do it:).. I love seeing how my strengths have increased since I first began it.
  • Candicem99
    Options
    Raynn1 wrote: »
    I love STS. Ive done it a few times over the years. Really great program and a great one that you dont have to think about it, you just do it:).. I love seeing how my strengths have increased since I first began it.

Did you get good results?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Candicem99 wrote: »
    Raynn1 wrote: »

Did you get good results?

Depends on what you consider good results. Did I lose weight? No. But thats not my focus. I got a heck of a lot stronger, so in that case, yes i got good results
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    STS is an awesome periodized program, I have done it three times and love it each time! It is so nice to know your next three months are all laid out for you - all you have to do is click "play".