Holy new people, Batman!

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
Now that I've just approved 3 pages of new people requesting to join -- and given the time stamps on them, I've no doubt there are another three pages waiting for me after I post this -- welcome!

Be sure to check out the Launch Pad in the "announcements" section. In it, you will find links to information if you want to know more, recipe lists (and links to recipe sites), and answers to common questions. Additionally, at the bottom of the list of threads is a link that says "All Discussions." Be sure to click on that a peruse the previous discussions for any topics that are on your mind.

Each month, we have a one-month challenge, if you like that sort of thing. The type varies and is typically determined about the middle of the month before, but even now, it's not too late to join for this month's challenge. You're not obligated to join any of them, but they're available if you want/need a little change of pace to keep your motivation strong.

Welcome again, and enjoy!

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Small reminder too... YES PLEASE check back through a few pages of All Discussions so this Group becomes less unwieldy with repetitive threads. :* and "Welcome!" lol.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all the mods that keep up with this ever growing crowd of Low Carbers. You all help make this a great place to hang out!
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome and pointing me in the right direction. There is soooo much information here, it's hard to know where to start. I think I'm gonna like this group!!
  • snowbaby36
    snowbaby36 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to low carbing, but am enjoying it so far. Thanks for approving me!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not new to LCing or new to MFP (been tracking since July 2015) but I just started posting in the forum.
  • catherineh1027
    catherineh1027 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So happy to be here! What a great group!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome, everyone! I've only been here about 2 months but it's been a great resource and very encouraging with my keto endeavors.
  • Lilmisschattabox
    Lilmisschattabox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    On and off low carber for a while now - it's the only thing that works for me, but my will power is not the greatest! Trying to stick with MFP for some support as I know I will lose best that way. Add me :) I need motivation! And thanks for having me :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful to see! Welcome to all!!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome new friends!!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the influx recently has been awesome. I spent so long approving people, without the bottom of the list showing up, that I had a moment where I wondered if my approvals were going through or if they were being readded to the bottom of the list for some reason. LOL, no that's never happened before but it seemed just as likely as a list that long. :smiley:
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    People have come to the Dark Side. B)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    WELCOME! Low carb is awesome, ergo: people who love low carb are awesome.

Since we're a private group still, I'm curious how everyone is finding us! Are we still in the listing? Does a growth spurt push the listing to the top? I know when I came looking for a Low Carb group this was the first one I found, but it was public back then.
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    WELCOME! Low carb is awesome, ergo: people who love low carb are awesome.

Since we're a private group still, I'm curious how everyone is finding us! Are we still in the listing? Does a growth spurt push the listing to the top? I know when I came looking for a Low Carb group this was the first one I found, but it was public back then.

Somebody posted a link on the main forum (for which I'm extremely grateful :) )
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello, glad you decided to join us. This is the only Way of Eating (WOE) that works for me. This is an active and lively group so take advantage of all the knowledge, help and support available. Make some friends. Log every day. It works if you work it
  • monmyrunmommy
    monmyrunmommy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This seems like a great group of people. I'm happy that I joined.

glossbones - I'm not sure if others found the group this way, but I found it from a forum post where someone had provided a link to the group to someone asking about LCHF eating.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an awesome group of people :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everybody :)
  • jrloveless
    jrloveless Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new as well. :) Still trying to get the right balance of protein, fat, and calories and trying to understand the ratio of each to one another. I have a lot of weight to lose!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people.

@jrloveless it does take time to get the balance think working right at the personal level I found. My macro is still 5% carb, 15% protein and 80% fat but I still am tweaking due to changing what I eat from time to time. I have lost some weight since Oct 2014 but my #1 objective is pain management. The first 30 days after I cut out all grains and most all forms of sugars my joint/muscle pain dripped from a subjective 7-8 level to 2-3 and is even a tad lower now 15 months later. I turn 65 next month and my health is better than it was at 45.