Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!

Options
While it's fine to fall off the bandwagon a little during the holidays with family & friends, remember this is a lifestyle change not a diet or passing thing- stay strong over this festive time of year!

I know it's rough- I spent hours this past weekend with my mom making homemade kolatchkie cookies and let me tell you it's hard to eat just one... or two... or even three... ;)

Remember to still check in and that we are still a group who supports each other! I'm here for each of you- and if you celebrate Christmas, I hope yours is safe, happy and restful for the New Year just around the corner!

<3

Replies

• CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thanks AMS, it is tough this time off year. You are right this is a lifestyle change, and you still need to live and enjoy life. Two ways I combat it is, portion control (I know it's hard), added cardio to help mitigate the extra calories.

Like AMS says all of us here and going through the same thing. We are here to support and help each other.

Merry Christmas to all, I hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas.

• amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Merry Xmas all...hv great days, year and life ahead...
  • CowboySar
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got to spend some quality time with family. Also hope we all managed to mitigate the holiday binge lol.

I think I did pretty good. I only had a couple of the sweets over the course of 4 days, I kept my portions down and hit the gym extra hard. I was in lifting and cardio Christmas morning before everyone got up plus 1 HR of cardio each day on Boxing Day and Sunday. The true test I suppose will be Wednesday morning when I weigh in.

• amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got to spend some quality time with family. Also hope we all managed to mitigate the holiday binge lol.

I think I did pretty good. I only had a couple of the sweets over the course of 4 days, I kept my portions down and hit the gym extra hard. I was in lifting and cardio Christmas morning before everyone got up plus 1 HR of cardio each day on Boxing Day and Sunday. The true test I suppose will be Wednesday morning when I weigh in.

Awesome- sounds like you did well!

I have a New Year's get-together that I fear may involve unhealthy foods Thursday night. I need to get past that and then I should be fine.

Also, there is a large mixing bowl on my kitchen table full of candies and chocolate that was given to us over the holidays. Looking up each sweet for calories before you eat it really gives you pause! :)
  • CowboySar
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »

Awesome- sounds like you did well!

I have a New Year's get-together that I fear may involve unhealthy foods Thursday night. I need to get past that and then I should be fine.

Also, there is a large mixing bowl on my kitchen table full of candies and chocolate that was given to us over the holidays. Looking up each sweet for calories before you eat it really gives you pause! :)

Lol

I still have some sweets around as well. I told my wife to throw out the baking lol
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I threw out a whole box of smidgens :O
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Happy Nee Year!
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    New!