Week one: Consistency

Options
oremgirl1
oremgirl1 Posts: 59 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
For this week I want us to focus on consistency. The challenge is to do at least 4 work outs in this week of at least 1.5 miles. This might be super simple for some but it will be more of a challenge for others (namely me). I am not so concerned with time this week. Good Luck everyone and I look forward to hearing about your week.

Replies

• iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, will try to get 3 more in this week :)

good luck!
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'll get three in for sure. My workout schedule is usually three days running and three days of biking or weight training in between those. But I think I could do a quick 1.5 miler one of those days. It's a good challenge :)
  • rebeccaahola894
    rebeccaahola894 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my fourth. I have done about 2-2.5 miles each day ( I think I am trying to adjust from Ks to miles :smiley: I am not worried about time either. I will do 6 this week though. I am a teacher so I am on holiday and have time :smiley:
  • JessRaddatz
    Options
    I've got one day in of 3 miles and I did 1.5 yesterday. Another 3 is on the calendar for tonight, but I did a TRX class this morning and my legs are already feeling it so we'll see about 3 miles :smiley:
  • oremgirl1
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my fourth. I have done about 2-2.5 miles each day ( I think I am trying to adjust from Ks to miles :smiley: I am not worried about time either. I will do 6 this week though. I am a teacher so I am on holiday and have time :smiley:

great job! What do you teach? Both my parents were school teachers 4th grade.
  • oremgirl1
    Options
    iceqieen wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan, will try to get 3 more in this week :)

good luck!

I just have to get the shoes on and go...why does that seem like the hardest part?
  • oremgirl1
    Options
    I've got one day in of 3 miles and I did 1.5 yesterday. Another 3 is on the calendar for tonight, but I did a TRX class this morning and my legs are already feeling it so we'll see about 3 miles :smiley:

Woo Hoo way to go!
  • rebeccaahola894
    Options
    great job! What do you teach? Both my parents were school teachers 4th grade.[/quote]

I teach high school, English and History.

• JessRaddatz
    Options
    I did 1.5 last night. There is absolutely NO running on the calendar for me tonight. I did a core cardio class this morning and just getting in and out of my desk chair is tough! Time to rest these muscles a little :) Tomorrow will be a regular 3 miler, though.
  • oremgirl1
    Options
    I did 1.8 run/walk today. My left calf feels really stiff and sore now though. Trying to stretch it out some.
  • rebeccaahola894
    Options
    This will be my last run of week 1. I have done 2 miles a day. My knees feel good so I will up the miles a little and increase the length of time I am running next week.
  • JessRaddatz
    Options
    Did three miles tonight. Another run tomorrow and that will put me at five days running this week. That's two more than normal!
  • JessRaddatz
    Options
    Did three miles this morning, putting me at twelve total for the week. I'm well on my way to my goal of 40 for the month!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    well done guys :)

My week:
    Sat - 2km walk/run
    Mon - 3.2km walk/run
    Tue - 3.2km walk/run
    Thu - 2.4km walk/run

So only 3x 1.5+miles but oh well. Plenty of walking (23km). Hopefully next week is more, planning to go for a run tomorrow at least.