Birthday ideas?

Options
Hi,
I am starting this journey and am grateful for all the information.
My birthday is next month. I would prefer to stick to LCHF and not just plan to 'cheat'. What have you found to be a good substitute for cake for the celebration?
Thanks.

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Maybe go out for a nice steak and skip dessert? Or if you're looking for something sweet that you can share, there are lots of good low carb cheese cake recipes out there...
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Maybe go out for a nice steak and skip dessert? Or if you're looking for something sweet that you can share, there are lots of good low carb cheese cake recipes out there...

I agree, splurge on a nice cut of steak and top with some mushrooms sauteed in butter! You could always do a cheese plate for dessert - I just moved to the UK and all the restaurants have them on the menu here, without the crackers though. Maybe add some raspberries or blackberries too, they're super high in fiber, making them pretty much the lowest net carb fruit.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm in complete agreement! I had steak for my birthday last September!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I agree with splurging on something like lobster with butter or filet mignon.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I agree with the steak splurge. I think this year for my birthday I will finally break down and get the expensive bone-in ribeye yummmmm.

If you are really wanting something sweet could possibly make a keto cheesecake at home. Not exactly a cake-cake. Or you could do cream and berries, that's also good.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Just put your candles in a steak. And yes, I've done it.

007-18.jpg
  • travelistadiva
    travelistadiva Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This ^^^ is brilliant. :smiley:
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Love it, @lowjax75!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options