What would 75 to 100 lbs lost in 2016 mean to you?

Options
dawnz75
dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
Believe(Dream)-Plan-Achieve

Let's get a picture in our head as we start to what next January 2017 would look like for us if we lose 75 to 100 lbs. Taking a moment to reflect on this is a great way to recommit and be motivated for this challenge.

For me, 75 lbs would put me at 160. At this healthy weight I can see myself having more energy to play all those sports and do those activities that i loved in high school and college. (basketball, tennis, volleyball, ultimate frisbee) I would be able to pass on a new active lifestyle to my kids while they are still young enough to enjoy sports with their parents.

The plan for success is MFP, exercise, and community groups, like this one...

If anyone would like to share a "vision"- a glimpse into what your success come Jan. 2017 would mean to you and your loved ones, please feel free to share as I think it would be an encouragement to us all.

Replies

• NCGatorJen
    NCGatorJen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great idea.
    75lbs lost would put me at 169. I was that weight in college and thought I was fat. It's a but unbelievable to me now that I would love to be at that weight again.

I would be full of energy at that weight. Even though I do one or two 5K races a year, I love the high I get from participating. I can envision doing more and more of them at a lower weight. I'd also love to have real choices shopping for clothes. Currently, I hate going through the pretty dress section in a store because I know I can't wear anything in there. This time next year, I could wear any of them.
  • FiddlinRDH
    FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    100 lbs would put me below 200 for the first time in over 20 years.

I remember having lots of energy and being able to wear cute clothing. I also thought I was fat!
    I want to be able to go for a run, not worry about if I will fit in that chair and buy what I want to wear.

Bring it on!
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 lbs. in 2015 which put me at 400 lbs, so when I lose another 75 lbs in 2016 it will put me at 325 lbs. I will be able to fit in the bathtub again. I could fit in my dining room chairs. I would be able to walk all over an amusement park and not use a scooter and I will even be able to bend down and work around the house, and then go shopping. But the biggest thing, I will be medication free. January 2017 is going to be simply amazing.
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    100 pounds lost would put me in onederland. I haven't been at that weight for almost twelve years. I could see myself jogging again, wearing maybe tankinis, and having a lot more confidence and energy! That is my goal for January, 2017, but even just getting healthier is a bonus to me!
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    75 pounds would get me thisclose to my goal, and my lowest weight since I lost 30 pounds as a newlywed! (28 years ago, hard to believe.) It would also be slightly more than I lost in 2015...hoping for another good year!
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 pounds this year would put me at 216. That would be low enough to have my hip replacement surgery and relieve the chronic pain I'm suffering every day. That would allow me to get off the two pain medications I'm taking that are probably causing side effects I won't realize until later on and after I've been on them longer. I might even be able to take less high blood pressure medication or be off of it all together. That would make me prescription drug free for the first time in 25 years. Lord knows how many years this might add to my life. Also, losing 100 pounds this year will relieve some of the fear and worry my grandsons and daughter have for my safety when I'm home alone, and that they could lose me soon to a stroke or heart attack. My fall a couple of weeks ago scared my whole family including me. I'm committed to doing everything I can to lose that 100 pounds this year or as close to it as I can. I want my mobility and my life back.
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 pounds would put me at 168. I haven't been under 200 since before I can remember. If I can get to that weight, I can ride a bike again and go for rides with my kids and go skating with them... I'd love to do these type of things with them but at this weight is impossible.
  • Dourpussdora
    Dourpussdora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    losing 100lbs would put me at 190lbs, I want to get healthy for my son and be able to do all the things I put off doing cos im so big!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 lbs this year will put me at 199 lbs. I'm looking forward to a healthier & happier me in doing so :-)
  • justtjoy
    justtjoy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 lbs would put me in Onederland and at 154 would be the lowest I've weighed since I was 16 yr old which would be over 35 yrs.. Will be amazing
  • Mjg2016
    Mjg2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Losing 90 lbs. in 2016 would put me at my goal weight.
    I know it's going to be hard but if we support each other we can do this!
    1 day at a time...
  • emf2az
    emf2az Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Losing 100lbs would put me pre- first pregnancy weight. Woo hoo! looking forward to it.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Shedding 100lb puts me at my lowest in 30years.
    OMG just realised
    took a big breath---- this is doable after my last 6 months (66lb gone already).

But 110lb means I will be less than when I got married, my husband hasn't seen me that small ever. Less than my teenager weight!!
    Ooo Lala.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    75 lbs would put me at - 163 although I would love to go for the 100 I think that would be pushing it but it would put me at 138 just 13 off GW!

The lowest weight I would have been since childhood. I've been Obese since a scarily young age. I want to just feel comfortable. I've been over a size 16 since I was about 16 so it would be nice to try something different.
    I have a friend getting married this year, and it would be nice to look at pictures of her wedding without seeing my double chin, or thinking I'm twice the size of everyone else... x