Chief Complaint

Options
PamOliva
PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
What's your beef today? Here's a place to vent & kvetch; rant & rave and b*tch & moan about anything. You choose.

Only ONE catch: You must mention at least one solution. Even if all we can do sometimes is change our minds or alter our attitude.

I'll start. I am super antsy about waiting for a decision to come down about something I applied for. I'm going out of town Sat and really want to know before I leave. I can't push the issue and know I will be informed either way. But I'm just SO keyed up. What can I do about it? Writing helps, prayer to help me surrender, the knowledge that this too shall pass. Plus keeping things in perspective, knowing there are pros & cons to whichever way this decision falls. And finally ... breathe, just breathe.

Your turn. :)

Replies

• allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am (finally!) working on my BSN. I hate the busy work type of papers. Nothing that really seems to have any bearing on my practice at the bedside.

Solution.....stop whining! I have waited almost 20 years to finish my degree I can complain or not but I still have to do the work. It will all be done in a few months and then I will be proud. (and so will my kids)

Good luck on the application, @PamOliva I hope you get the answer you are looking for!!
  • PamOliva
    Options
    allysar wrote: »
    I am (finally!) working on my BSN. I hate the busy work type of papers. Nothing that really seems to have any bearing on my practice at the bedside.

Solution.....stop whining! I have waited almost 20 years to finish my degree I can complain or not but I still have to do the work. It will all be done in a few months and then I will be proud. (and so will my kids)

Good luck on the application, @PamOliva I hope you get the answer you are looking for!!

Thank you Ally. I DID get the decision I hoped for today. :)

So proud of you for working on your BSN. Yes it's a lot of hoops to jump thru but a great accomplishment personally and in your career. You are soooo close. Hang in there! ~Pam
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    PamOliva wrote: »

Thank you Ally. I DID get the decision I hoped for today. :)

So proud of you for working on your BSN. Yes it's a lot of hoops to jump thru but a great accomplishment personally and in your career. You are soooo close. Hang in there! ~Pam

Yay @PamOliva That is super exciting! Congratulations
  • PamOliva
    Options
    Nurse coworker: How much sodium is in that salad?

Me: Oh my it says 930 mg!! Fortunately I'm not sensitive to sodium.

Nurse coworke
    r: I would NEVER buy that. Is that ALL your eating?

Me: Yes, it's very filling.

I know I need to develop a thicker skin but I'm still sensitive when people question what I eat at work. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. ~Pam
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I am getting my BSN online it is miserable with all the writing but I have stuck with it and will graduate March 2017. I took one class at a time and worked on class stuff for at least 30 minutes a day. It is doable I also try to treat myself to a trip away between each quarter. I go 10 weeks on 3 weeks off all year. The trip I have planned for a graduation is a big one. It keeps me motivated.
    You can do it I am in my 50's and doing it!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    PamOliva wrote: »
    Nurse coworker: How much sodium is in that salad?

Me: Oh my it says 930 mg!! Fortunately I'm not sensitive to sodium.

Nurse coworke
    r: I would NEVER buy that. Is that ALL your eating?

Me: Yes, it's very filling.

I know I need to develop a thicker skin but I'm still sensitive when people question what I eat at work. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. ~Pam

I'm snarky enough were I would have said "Good thing I'm eating it and not you, then". Usually shuts someone up because they have nothing to say to that.