Introduce Yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Can not have too many friends in this journey. I am a 40 year old SAHM who homeschools 3 wonderful kiddos. I started this Aug. approaching 260, am down to 235ish atm (gained back 6-7 pounds in Dec). I love the idea of 100 lbs in 2016, it would put me in a healthy place and body. I feel like if we can motivate each other to shoot for the stars (100 lbs) then we can celebrate when we land on the moon... Looking forward to getting to know each of you better!
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Christy and I'm 45 years old. I started Sept 22, and have lost 52 pounds so far. My goal is to lose another 117 pounds and be fit!!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Great friends , great way to start a new year!!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • FiddlinRDH
    FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will be 45 in 1 month. I weigh 299.6 in my birthday suit. I want to be healthy and feel good again. I made a lot of changes financially and personally in 2015 and now I am ready to look good again!
  • Dourpussdora
    Dourpussdora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, im 35 and have a 3 mth old baby and looking to lose 130lbs (this isn't baby weight I was big before I had him so he was a bit of a surprise lol). I lost 17lbs last jan on MFP before I found out I was pregnant and gave up dieting but need to get back on it now!!!. Feel free to add me and we can support/motivate each other :)
  • kilara21
    kilara21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Greetings. My name is Karla, I'm 37 years old, and I currently weigh in at 259lbs. I think losing 100lbs would be awesome! My current goal is to lose 10 percent of my body weight to start, 26 lbs. Here's to a great year of loss!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to a healthier & happier 2016. This involves losing 100lbs (maybe a little less than that number now, as I haven't jumped on the scale since the new year lol) 2016 is OUR year!!!
  • ckbluesgirl07
    ckbluesgirl07 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I was 284 lbs when I decided it was time to start losing. I lost 10 lbs and then started using MFP where I have found wonderful people who are incredible. I have no children even though ex-hubs and I spent years trying. Today, I am a 41yo mostly single gal who is simply trying to be the best person I can possibly be.
  • purplemnm72
    purplemnm72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for great things in 2016. I started MFP in Sept 2015 weighing in at 393lbs. I was/am lost in my life. I've moved 3x in two years. I lost my job of 17 years 1.5 years ago. I packed up and moved me and my son 1400 miles away and started a new life, new career, enrolled in medical school etc. I felt life was on tract. I was happy. Then tragedy hit 4 month into my new journey. I pack up and moved back 1400 miles to care for my two nephews who just lost there mother (my sil) during child birth. My life was instantly turned upside down. I gave up everything, left everything behind, moved into a single room at my brothers and became a stay at home aunt/mom too three wonderful boys all with special needs. I've never felt home in my current living situation. I found myself binging and riddled with depression. I was missing my life terribly. I hid it well but the scale told the truth. That day in September I vowed to find myself again. I've lost 35lbs so far. My depression has turned more into a mission to put me back on track. I cannot change my current situation. Those boys need me and I need them.

In 2016 I will continue to loose weight. I am looking for a place to call home and still be able to care for my nephews full time. My son needs his own room, his own space. I need home that feels like home.

Sorry so long...
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm 53. Been a big girl since age 5 but in last 35 years only put on 3.5lb a year (that's all) but that totalled 120lb. (Yikes when I realised the grand total). I had myself on that it was not a problem.

But 1 year ago my 24 year old daughter had an accident and I nursed her, still had a business to run & didn't cook for family so only takeaways and I put on 45lb in 6 months. I was shocked when at the Doctor annual checkup. My loose clothes obviously didn't give me any indications. After I stopped crying, I then joined MFP 6 months ago and logged EVERYTHING.

Now 66lb gone. That has covered the short term increase of 45lb increase. GONE.

Now focusing on tackling everyone of those 3.5lb accumulated over the last 35 years. So far 6years already covered. Just another 110lb to get below my wedding weight - then I will be working on being less than my teenage weight. OMG.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello-

I have also been big since I was 5...in fact it was kindergarten when my Mother put me on my first diet. i have been on and off them since then. in 2011 I lost a bunch! but then went back to work in a high stress environment (HR) where there was ALWAYS food of some sort gained it all back...now working still in HR but from home and back at it. Hoping this is it.

I have 7 almost 8 year old twins, and a husband of almost 10 years. sadly I am only 4lbs heavier then when I got PG with the twins...I graduated from college only 57 lbs lighter then when I started on Monday. So I really truly have been larger all my life. My first goal is to be able to walk into a store and know that something in there will fit and I don't have to look for the largest size they have.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 39 and a mother or 3. They're 10, 8 and 5. I 've always been heavier but it got really bad after my parents broke up when I was a teen. Can you say emotional eater? lol! September 2014 I was down to 207using MFP and exercise... the lowest I had been in 25 years. Then I developed sciatica. Because of the pain they took away all physical activity. I controlled it for a bit but alas I'm back and restarting.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tina, im 43 and a single mom 2 kids, from New Zealand, I have about 130 pounds to lose. I lost 30 pounds beginning of 2015, but got lazy, sick and put it back on plus some. But im ready for a change!!!
  • sondrad20
    sondrad20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Cassondra,29 been the chubby girl my whole life. I started my weight loss journey March 2015 and i'm down 90lbs. My goal for 2016 is to lose 100lbs.I'm excited for what 2016 is going to bring! It's not going to be easy but I'll never quit.Motivation is the key to success. Would love to lose this 100lbs with motivating people on this long weight loss journey like myself. The only thing I ask is to have your food journal open. Add me:) lets kick 2016 butt and drop 100lbs!!!:)