The Fearsome Purple Force

Options
night_watcher
night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
b9wdc8v1cluv.png
Please note that team participation is mandatory at least twice a week. If you don't feel like participating on here, eventually everyone will be less involved. Team Challenges are only successful if you work as a team and be there to support each other.
teamwork-quotes-11.jpg

*I will be part of all the teams, so you guys will see me around often*

Team members have been announced in Team's Standing Sheet

Here are Purple Team members:
@13Suzie
@capturethememories
@cowleyl
@dachocolatemami
@jaja2517
@Joyceoh116325
@KaitlynCarver
@Kimadm4
@Mdelynn01
@mellymint80
@melonerski
@missm2
@missyhill99
@night_watcher
@Salmaibrahim
@Sandykaunisto
@Sunshyneyday
@Tatileb
@treebek
@VeryKatie

Weigh-in will be open all week, so that you weigh-in as per your weekly schedule and will be closed on Sunday Night (PST), so that I can compile results on Mondays every week.

Here is the weigh in form
All the information & resources on the challenge are available here
The information on Daily and Weekly Challenges is here
The link to daily/weekly challenges logger is here.
There is no logging for side challenges except on how you did on the challenge. Please post to your team threads about your daily challenges.

To Start off answer the following.
You should be called:
You are from (Timezone):
Your weigh in day:
Favorite exercise:
Favorite healthy food:
Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):
Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No):
Goal for the week:
Goal for the challenge (35 days):
First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:

** Team motivators can be multiple people on the team who would try to regularly interact with team members here on the group or on the wall. They should post encouraging thoughts to their team members.

*****NOTE******
Please add your team members and to enhance communication among the team members, do try and reply the previous poster on the team thread while posting your comment. So that no one feels left out.

tumblr_m0on55F3t71r9f8g8o1_500.gif

Replies

• mellymint80
    mellymint80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to meeting everyone, hope you all have a successful week!

You should be called: Mel
    You are from (Timezone):PST
    Your weigh in day: Tuesday
    Favorite exercise:walking and 30 minute circuit
    Favorite healthy food: hamburgers
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): excercise motivation and overeating
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No):
    Goal for the week: My goal every week is for atleast a pound lost and meeting my daily step goal
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose weight and gain healthy habits
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: still need to do them.
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited to be part of the Fearsome Purple Force. I did the last challenge and lost quite a bit of weight (came in second for individual lb's and % lost). I'm really hoping to continue the momentum with this challenge. It really was awesome and fun to be part of a team to keep each other motivated. I always try to post a few times a week and will do my best to offer encouragement, motivate, and be a great team member!

You should be called: Tammy
    You are from (Timezone): EST
    Your weigh in day: Sunday
    Favorite exercise: I like to do workout videos or go to the gym and do the cardio equipment.
    Favorite healthy food: I really enjoy the Michigan salad with spring mix, berries, walnuts, and blue cheese. Yum!
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): I'm doing good on calories and water intake, I need to be more committed to exercising.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I'd prefer not to be officially,,,but I'll always unofficially motivate :smile:
    Goal for the week: Exercise 3 times, stay within daily calories
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose 10 pounds
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: I don't have a tape measure
  • melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 311 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    it wont let me delete this comment from my tablet - will try tomorrow from my computer when i get to work lol
  • melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 311 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi guys! This is my first time doing this specific challenge. I used to run my own a few times but figured I try someone else's challenge while I try to get back into the swing of things. Im so excited to do this! Im just coming back from having my hand in a cast for 2 months so this will be a nice way to get back into healthier habits :smile:

You should be called: I too am Mel lol but since we already have a mel you can also call me Melissa :)
    Your weigh in day: Saturday
    Favorite exercise: Zumba
    Favorite healthy food: Greek yogurt
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): lack of motivation, emotional eating
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I could be if I need to be lol
    Goal for the week: to lose 2lbs
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): to lose weight and find my motivation again
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: will do tomorrow, need to find my tape measure
  • JulieFowkesy
    JulieFowkesy Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi purples!!! I'm excited to be part of the team ☺☺ but a bit nervous as I've not done a MFP challenge before. .. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it!

You should be called: Julie/Jules or Me Julie!
    You are from (Timezone): GMT.
    Your weigh in day: Saturday c/o local Boots store...
    Favorite exercise: Kettlebells.
    Favorite healthy food: Air popped corn.
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Evening snacks!
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I'll happily try and motivate ☺
    Goal for the week: To not snack and to post daily.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): To get back on track and pummel some poundage
    First Day Side Challenge >> Waist 35" hips 44" Height 5ft 4"
  • JulieFowkesy
    JulieFowkesy Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well I think I've added all the team, apart from one user who I can't find? @joyceoh116325 if you want to add me, send me a request ☺
  • capturethememories
    capturethememories Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Linda
    Favorite exercise: riding my bike
    Favorite healthy food: celery
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): alcohol
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Not sure
    Goal for the week: drink all 64 oz of water all seven days this week.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): 6 pounds down and exercise every day
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: will have to add tomorrow. No way to do now,
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been at a plateau foreverrrrrrr.....

Hope this purple force is powerful stuff. I need a good fix and I have the feeling that the purple madness is just the right fuel to get us to our goals.

You should be called: Suzie
    Favorite exercise: I run pretty often but I also like riding my bike and hope to go skiing soon!
    Favorite healthy food: chopped tomatoes and olive salad.
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): eating after dinner; eating when I am tired.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Glad to motivate but this is my first time in a challenge like this; I don't want to overlook the details, but I'd be glad to rally some enthusiasm. You might be better off using someone else as the official motivator.
    Goal for the week: l'd like to lose a pound this week!
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Get down to my goal weight which is losing 7.75% of my body weight. I've gained this extra weight over the last two years and I will be so happy to get back to my leaner self.
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:
    waist 29"
    bicep 10.25"
    bust 36"
    thigh 19.75"
    calf 13 3/8"
    hips 35.5"
    butt 36.25"
    height 5'2"
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Sam or night_watcher :smiley:
    You are from (Timezone): PST
    Favorite exercise: Weight training craze has recently started.
    Favorite healthy food: Eggs & Milk
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):Once i get off track, its hard to get back on.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I already am :)
    Goal for the week: Follow my meal plans and kill it in gym.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Up my weights on arms.
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: a total of 312

@mellymint80 i wanna get those healthy hamburgers recipe..
    @treebek oo which workout video is your favorite?
    @melonerski emotional eating sucks :(, i dunno what is wrong with me, i overeat when im happy or sad :/
    @sunshyneyday oh dear, we all are here to support you, if you feel you need any help, just inbox me
    @capturethemoments3 6 pounds is an achievable goal :) All the best
    @13suzie skiing seems fun, we dont have a lot of snow here...so no skiing for me :/

I am so happy to be doing this the third time. I know by all means that weightloss takes time, This time i am striving to be healthy and slimmer at the same time. I'll see you guys around :)

• capturethememories
    capturethememories Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Here is to a successful day filled with lots of water! Have a great day!
  • 13suzie
    Options
    It is magical to be part of a team! Really. To be part of something bigger than myself is always what I crave most. Let my cravings be satisfied by The Force of Purple! Welcome everybody. Thanks again Night_watcher!
  • missyhill99
    missyhill99 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi team I am really excited about this round. I have a new set of goals I will met.

You should be called: MIssy
    Favorite exercise: I like to go to the gym and do the cardio equipment and swim
    Favorite healthy food: fruits and veggies
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): late night snacking
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No thank you
    Goal for the week: Exercise everyday, stay within daily calories
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose 10 pounds
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: I can have measurements later today

• 13suzie
    Options
    @missyhill99
    @sunshyneyday

Let's beat this late night snacking thing together. That's my big one too. let's make a plan for tonight of what we are going to do instead of what we aren't going to do...at least, that always helps me to approach it that way.
  • missyhill99
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ;)@13suzie I was thinking when ever I thnk of getting something to eat late I will do 25 squats and 5 push ups. Just a thought...
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You should be called: Katie
    You are from (Timezone): CST
    Your weigh in day: Thursday
    Favorite exercise: I'm still searching for it.
    Favorite healthy food: Avocados but they're still high cal... and I have to eat the whole thing!
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Exercise and sticking with it.. having to cook all the time
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No (need to get my own things together first)
    Goal for the week: get back down to my initial weigh in weight...
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): stick with it everyday and hopefully lose about a pound a week. Be roughly 4 or 5 lbs down.
  • missyhill99
    Options
    ;) Hi team breakfast this morning was Salmon and baby spinach and 2 24oz bottles of water.
  • 13suzie
    Options
    ;)@13suzie I was thinking when ever I thnk of getting something to eat late I will do 25 squats and 5 push ups. Just a thought...

Oh boy....okay. That's what I'm doing tonight!!!! Here's to controlling our thoughts w crunches and push-ups.
  • 13suzie
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My healthy Monday Breakfast:

Pan seared tofu with bok choy, ginger, soy sauce, and a little sesame oil
    Sprinkled super seed & ancient grain blend crunchies atop the tofu
    Small side portion of pecans

Took 5 minutes to make.
    Instead of standing and eating out of the pan or off the plate on the counter next to the stovetop, I put it on a plate, arranged a placemat with a nice presentation for myself, sat down, and ate like a mindful human being...score! (Photo captured the reality.) Tasted great! 185 cals.

z237an7dbkrs.jpg
  • mellymint80
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. Breakfast this morning was one low fat toaster waffle, 2 sausage links and a banana. It was quick, filling and something I could grab on the way out the door.
  • mellymint80
    Options
    You should be called: Sam or night_watcher :smiley:
    You are from (Timezone): PST
    Favorite exercise: Weight training craze has recently started.
    Favorite healthy food: Eggs & Milk
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):Once i get off track, its hard to get back on.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I already am :)
    Goal for the week: Follow my meal plans and kill it in gym.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Up my weights on arms.
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: a total of 312

@mellymint80 i wanna get those healthy hamburgers recipe..
    @treebek oo which workout video is your favorite?
    @melonerski emotional eating sucks :(, i dunno what is wrong with me, i overeat when im happy or sad :/
    @sunshyneyday oh dear, we all are here to support you, if you feel you need any help, just inbox me
    @capturethemoments3 6 pounds is an achievable goal :) All the best
    @13suzie skiing seems fun, we dont have a lot of snow here...so no skiing for me :/

I am so happy to be doing this the third time. I know by all means that weightloss takes time, This time i am striving to be healthy and slimmer at the same time. I'll see you guys around :)

@night_watcher, when I make hamburgers at home I use lean ground meat, sometimes turkey, sometimes beef and skip the bun in favor of my new obsession, butter lettuce. I like all the regular toppings, I just use them in moderation.
This discussion has been closed.