Weekly and Daily Challenges!!

Options
night_watcher
night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
edited December 2015 in Social Groups
Hello guys,

This is what we are gonna be doing as a team for the whole 5 weeks.

There are goals to achieve on weekly basis and a daily side challenge.

o7g3jlvya3ap.png

There are four TOP 3's that will be announced with the weekly results therefore don't forget to post on how you did for a particular day.

1) Thirst Quencher (on the basis of water intake)
2) Mighty Walker (on the basis of steps taken)
3) Macro Goalies (on the basis of "Focused Macro" Goal hit)
4) Plant Nibblers (on the basis of veggie/ fruit intake)

Also,
Posters of the Week will be announced for all the team players who post to their team threads regularly. :)

The daily challenges logger is here
This is where you will have to post your daily achievements to be one of the above award winner.
Conan-This-should-be-fun.gif

Replies

• cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pedometer and I do not eat much fruit or really veggies for that matter. I definitely love my processed food. I am not super focused on macros. I drink water, but I don't think it's necessary for me to force myself to drink so many ounces a day. Good luck with the challenge, but this one isn't for me!
  • faithangelcp
    faithangelcp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The cups is for a week.... which is only 8 cups a day ....which is 56 divided by 7
  • night_watcher
    Options
    The cups is for a week.... which is only 8 cups a day ....which is 56 divided by 7

Yep :)

Also steps can be measured even by your smartphone :) pacer is the app. I have myself just ordered a pedometer. It's just 22 bucks :)
  • lisemae
    lisemae Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, this should kick my butt into gear!
  • night_watcher
    Options
    lisemae wrote: »
    Oh boy, this should kick my butt into gear!

Lol I hope this kicks all of ours butt:p
  • SeijuroEmperor
    SeijuroEmperor Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by Macros? :s
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees. I cannot do jumping jacks. Is there something else I can do?

I am on the Jenny Craig diet plan. I do my own breakfast but lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks are with Jenny Craig food. It is processed frozen/packaged food. I cannot do the no processed food on this plan. Same with no processed sugar.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options

I am on the Jenny Craig diet plan. I do my own breakfast but lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks are with Jenny Craig food. It is processed frozen/packaged food. I cannot do the no processed food on this plan. Same with no processed sugar.

Try these: https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=modified+jumping+jacks&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Correct me if I am wrong, @night_watcher, but I think you should keep doing what you are doing. The idea is to be healthy. The side challenges are made to be fun, keep everyone motivated, keep the competition interesting, and keep people engaged. If a particular piece of the challenge doesn't work for you and your current plan, modify it and share your success.
  • night_watcher
    Options
    What do you mean by Macros? :s

There are three macro nutrients, carbs, proteins and fats, all others are micro nutrients.

So some people follow high fat diet, some high protein. For me high protein works best, so i try and reach my protein goal even if i don't hit other macros 100%.

That is what it means, decide the macro you wanna stick to and try and reach the macro goal daily.

I hope it's clear.

:)
  • night_watcher
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »

Try these: https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=modified+jumping+jacks&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Correct me if I am wrong, @night_watcher, but I think you should keep doing what you are doing. The idea is to be healthy. The side challenges are made to be fun, keep everyone motivated, keep the competition interesting, and keep people engaged. If a particular piece of the challenge doesn't work for you and your current plan, modify it and share your success.

@TracyeS4 you are right :) thanks

@firststepformefal if you can't do jumping jacks dear, just pick one that you can and push yourself a bit with it. There are many exercise like wall sits or half squats something like that.

For processed food/sugar , how about hitting the fibre goal and have green tea first thing in the morning.
    Anything that works for you, is fine :)

The main idea for side challenge is to keep everyone involved in the team thread :)
  • lizziesmom15
    lizziesmom15 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can't post pics from my phone, I have a droid so I wouldn't be able to post pics, will that be a problem?
  • night_watcher
    Options
    I can't post pics from my phone, I have a droid so I wouldn't be able to post pics, will that be a problem?

it's okay you can tell everyone your secret breakfast recipes :)
  • Scarlet_Be
    Scarlet_Be Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    this is exactly what I need!
  • cassiecalcote
    cassiecalcote Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I won't be able to do the no night snacking one unless by then my son is not nursing at night. I have to eat while nursing, usually it's sliced cucumbers or celery, but just mentioning that ahead of time.
  • night_watcher
    Options
    I won't be able to do the no night snacking one unless by then my son is not nursing at night. I have to eat while nursing, usually it's sliced cucumbers or celery, but just mentioning that ahead of time.

By night snacking I actually meant if you eat junk or you go way over your calorie budget. Celery and cucumber are healthy choices and are very low in calorie. So no issue.
  • Scarlet_Be
    Scarlet_Be Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What are standing crunches? :)
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    can not post pictures will describe where i walk mostly
  • night_watcher
    Options
    Scarlet_Be wrote: »
    What are standing crunches? :)
    I am using cell right now. Will post pictures of standing crunches later. There are lots on Google images :)
  • night_watcher
    Options
    can not post pictures will describe where i walk mostly

That works for me :)
  • DropofHoney
    DropofHoney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't get confused... My first challenge here lol
This discussion has been closed.