Motivation accountability and support January 2016

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
So i didnt do this weekly again because not enough people seem interested so i posted another monthly! post some goals, or dont and just enjoy the conversation l! My goals for january include losing 1 lbs, but hope to loose 4 so i can get to 310. Drink a lot more water because i have been letting myself get dehydrated and to continue to heal my emotions and physical health

2016 will be a good year for me!!

Replies

111480 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal for January is to lose at least 6lbs and drink more water. Workout 6 days each week, keep a journal this go around to write feelings down, track overall progress. 2016 is gonna be a good year.. :) ain't going to settle for anything less
  • jeannie0007
    jeannie0007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My January goal is to track my food accurately and be conscious of my food choices. I just started 2 days ago and have already gone over my daily calories both days! I'm ok with that. I wasn't hungry and I wasn't stuffed. I want to see what I'm doing so I can change. I like the way they show how many carbs, protein, etc. What an eye opener! My other goal is to increase my activity. My goal is to walk 30 minutes 3x/week. Good luck everyone!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I want to up my veggies. I should have started this 2 weeks ago, as that was my goal with my nutritionist. But New Years and lack of money got in the way. It's funny how easy it is to put yourself on the back burner.

I have to stop doing that. I am always finding myself taking care of everyone else before myself. I have to learn that I need to come first!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    111480 great goals
    Jeannie, the best start is to see whats going on so you know what to change! Its amazing what we can consume and think its hardly much! I am bad for tracking my food
    Bevkidd, it seems we all do that to a degree its very easy to insist on taking care of other people and things but fail ourselves!

Today my sugars were so high i almost passed out at work :( glad i see my diabetes team tomorrow
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    HLaR79, sounds like a very good time to see them; hope it gets under control.

My January goals are:
    1. Spend time outdoors every day;
    2. 30 minutes walking daily;
    3. Eliminate some stressors in my life that trigger my emotional eating.
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    Ok...I lost .6 this week. I will take it but I want just a little more of a loss each week. So I am going to start moving more. I will still do the chair yoga for stretching, but I am going to start with the cardio.

My journey needs to move along just a little quicker now. Not impatient, just want a little better results, thats all. Still taking it slow, just kickin it up a little.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Good and bad day friday I met with my doctor finally, my A1c spiked a little bit and im still having pain from thyroid so i am being sent to see an endocrinologist and then will start on a new medication. Then Friday night one of my cats died, just had a seizure and died it was traumatic, i cried solid for an hour and held him. He was my sons favorite they were very close, it breaka my heart!

• SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My goal for January is to get down to 315 pounds. That will be 11 pounds for the month, and 15 pounds down from my highest weight. I am also trying to get into the habit of doing something physical every day. I am a writer, so I spend at least 8-10 hours a day at my desk. I can't really work from anywhere else. I have done really well staying within my calorie goals since the start of the new year, so I am counting that as a huge win and attempting to stick with it. The next hardest thing for me is giving up the sweets and taking in more vegetables.

HLaR79, very sorry to hear about your kitty. Sending lots of love and warm thoughts your way <3
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    My goal for the rest of January is to get more water into my body. I tend to not drink water (or pretty much anything) while I'm at work. Then when I get home I drink my homemade tea. Although tea is made with water, I still feel the need to get water into my system. That's what I really need to concentrate on.
  • sarahlyd
    sarahlyd Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goals for January are:
    1. Track on MFP for 30 days in a row
    2. Make it on New Directions through Week 4
    3. Build to 30 minutes straight on the elliptical.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks sylly. What a weekend!

Great goals people are posting!

This week my goal is to get physically active to help burn my sugars, by walking or resistance training during my work breaks!

• Abkuroneko
    Abkuroneko Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My non scale goals for January are:
    1. Walk more and actually wear my Fitbit to track my steps.
    2. Track all my food no matter what it is, aka, even if it's unhealthy. Not being accountable hurts no one else but me, so why pretend I didn't eat it. Which leads into...
    3. Not let one bad meal decision ruin my entire day. If I eat something bad for me, don't just say "oh I messed up today already, might as well not care what I eat the rest of the day!"
    4. No more fast food and try not to go out to eat as often.

As for a scale goal, I hope to be down at least 10 lbs for the month.
  • Summershowalter3
    Summershowalter3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 2 simple goals for this month. Drink at least 2 bottles of water each day and log everything I eat.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Need this week to end! Last night is the first night all week my boy didn't cry himself to sleep! no loss or gain at my half week point so im not holding on to saturdays real weight in! Next week will be my.week!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, the loss of a kitty is heartbreaking!!! Time , I still miss my babies, each had their own personality!! Have 2 new family members n a new puppy, still have the old in my heart!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    HLaR79, so sorry for your loss of your cat. Pets are such a wonderful part of our lives.

It has been hard to spend time outside as it has been very cold here in MN; yesterday's windchill was -35. In fact, it was colder than Hell (Michigan) here this week according to my niece.

I have otherwise been doing well on my goals despite no change on the scale. I keep reminding myself I am building a strong foundation.

Be well!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks jltheis

i understand the cold we had the same weather here, so cold i didnt even want to go to work! And spent as little time as possible in the outside

For the past few weeks i have been struggling with drinking water and snacking its frustrating because i was doing well so im going to get back to basics this week, limit my soda to 1 can, line up my 3 bottles of water to drink a day at work. And log for the week, just to get back in line!

Hope everyone has a good week
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I have not been coming here very often i mostly just try and make it through my days without getting fired from work because im so exhausted i dont try hard enough!
    Anyways i finally met with the endocrinologist who started me on a new medication and hopefully it helps a lot because i cant handle the high sugars anymore and i want to feel better. I lost 0.8lbs which i am excited for! It was a hard month!!

February is just around the corner! March and april are my favorite months so im looking forward to them

• bevkidd1
    Options
    It's so frustrating to want to start exercising but can't...at least until I can hopefully strengthen my ankles. I tried light cardio and my ankles decided they were having none of it. I have been to a podiatrist several times and was told the best thing would be stretches. I have been doing what the doctor said religiously and i know it takes time, but I'm impatient. I will not lose much weight without exercise. What else can I do besides lower my caloric intake? This is driving me crazy because I'm ready to get going on the next level and have come to a stand still. Just a bump in the road....
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Bevkidd, could you do stuff in a pool, or for now do resistance training and arm movements you dont have to stay still!
    I am not very active and have lost weight just watching what goes in my mouth and doing some small stuff like getting up from my desk about once an hour even if i just go down the hall and back! Its not all or nothing, find what you can and will do and build from there