Has anyone tried...

Options
LO1421
LO1421 Posts: 41 Member
Spearmint tea? I have PCOS and have read a ton about spearmint benefits for PCOS. I have been drinking 2 cups a day for a bout a week and I have noticed changes! The hairs that grew on my chin are almost all cleared up! I have to search for them now. My acne has cleared up so much too. I have read that it reduces free testoterone and increases FSH and LP so I'm hoping it helps me get a period. I have not had one yet but have had some similiar feelings as I did when on all the hormones to get me to ovulate. It could all be in my head but I'm staying positive!!

Anyone else try this?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I have not even heard of this, but I know any kind of mint tea is not recommended for anyone with asthma, just as an FYI. That being said, is this naturally herbal tea? Using oils? Where do you get it? Is it a green tea base? Black? More info please!
  • countesscharleyangel
    Options
    What? I didn't know mint tea was bad for people with asthma! Can you elaborate or send me an article or something.... Thanks :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    What? I didn't know mint tea was bad for people with asthma! Can you elaborate or send me an article or something.... Thanks :)

Particularly Wintergreen is supposed to be the worst, but it can trigger attacks without the normal triggers. It was on a news/health program I watched years back. They said mint of any kind can trigger breathing issues in someone with existing issues, due to the cold/gasping/catching your breath sensation....but Wintergreen is the worst.
  • Twinkleeeeeeeee80
    Twinkleeeeeeeee80 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    oh cool...I have been drinking peppermint tea here and there....wonder if that does anything. I do have mild asthma and didn't notice anything. I have noticed that I get asthma after eating high fat foods though. I will pick up some spearmint next time I see it!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    weberaimee wrote: »
    oh cool...I have been drinking peppermint tea here and there....wonder if that does anything. I do have mild asthma and didn't notice anything. I have noticed that I get asthma after eating high fat foods though. I will pick up some spearmint next time I see it!

I would think if you haven't noticed anything, this isn't a trigger for you. I just know it was in the news making serious headlines a while back, but I don't think wintergreen tea is all that common anyway.