How do you stay motivated?

Options
valerielite
valerielite Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
I find that I start out so excited and eager to get healthy. I preplan my meals, tracks all my food and exercise 4-5 times a week. Then I just give up! This year I am going to try to make this the last time that I need to lose weigh! Once and for all, I am tired of the yoyo dieting! My focus is going to be on healthy eating rather than a diet as such. I am going to be realistic about what I am willing to do to keep the weigh off this time. What do you have planned to stay motivated?
Valerielite, 54

Replies

• heartbeatoz
    heartbeatoz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm the same all enthusiastic at the start then fall off the Wagon that's why I started this Group to be accountable to others and maybe feel like if I don't continue I will be letting others down so this time I will be taking baby steps. I've joined a new Gym which I like much better than my old one with a lot more equipment that I can hook my phone up to and keep track of my progress.
  • Goal4Laura
    Goal4Laura Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New to the group and glad to have others to "talk" to during this journey. I am currently 56 and looking at retirement in a couple of years. By then, I really want to be at my healthy weight so I can be active and enjoy my retirement.

I can relate to the yo-yo dieting as I have lost and gained a large amount of weight in the past. This time I want to lose it and keep it off. Despite my weight, I have no health problems so this is all about quality of life. I want my life to be so much more healthy and enjoyable.

Let's all end 2016 with a weight loss success!!
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm there with you guys. I kind of do the same thing (forever) - I'm active, but my eating habits are frightful. And I'll start out tracking and being fairly good and then BOOM - go crazy eating, don't want to track it, and just stay forever at the same weight. So it isn't exercise that I need motivation on - it's eating.

How DO you keep it interesting and not just "easy". And is there such a thing as "easy"???

I'm all ears... this past year, I've been learning that protein is more important to keep late (sugar) cravings, but I still haven't managed to kill off the sugar demon...
    Looking forward to hearing how you guys do it...
  • valerielite
    valerielite Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think the trick is to watch my portions and make small changes that I can keep up forever! I think if we try to keep our foods interesting and not just "diet" foods! I have decided that nothing is off my food list. If I want something, I will choose to make a healthy choice for one meal, or cut back so that I can have the higher calorie foods! I know that I will never give up my " junk " forever, but I am trying to eat like a healthy, skinny person!