Starting Over, Again.

Options
Hey everyone! I am back to MFP and I'm ready to get back on track. I didn't use the community much the first time around because it wasn't connected to the app and I work all day on the computer so tend to stay away at home. Now that it's on the app I can pop in easily! I really want to be more active on here all the way around. My goal is to get healthy. I'm giving myself a little over 3 years to get there. My husband starts law school in the fall and we plan to start our family after he graduates. I'm 26 and I know I have time. I just want to be the best version of me for myself and my husband before we start our family. I have always put everyone else before myself. I'm going to try and be more selfish. I know that sounds bad but I need to care for myself too not just everyone else. My biggest problem with losing weight lately is my husband. Lol. It's not really his fault but he loves me no matter what. He doesn't care about my weight so it's really easy to just stop and snuggle with him on the couch and eat junk food. Four years of marriage and I have gained and lost 50 pounds twice. I'm trying to get there for good this time and I think 3 years gives me plenty of time. I'm looking for friends for support so please add me and introduce yourself

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm here and I want to be more active as well. I lost 70lbs last year and gained 60 back. so i know I can do this. and your not being selfish at all. Today is my first day of 100 day challenge I just did 30 mins on the treadmill. its sad I use to be able to work out for 3 hours doing all different kinds of things and I could hardly do 30 mins of walking. I really have to build into it. but id you ever want to chat send me a msg or on here.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I want to do yoga so I am starting out slow and have started doing chair yoga (basically stretches). I hope it will get me limbered up a little so I can move a little easier. Then I can start doing yoga that will help me start losing weight.

I have been interested in yoga for a long time but I could never do it. The chair yoga may just get me to the point where I can do the harder yoga. I am going to keep trying until I can.
  • AH_rhymes_with_FLY
    AH_rhymes_with_FLY Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have sent you both friend requests! Thanks for the encouragement! Good luck on your 100 day challenge skittles that sounds awesome!

I have always wanted to do yoga too Bevkidd! Have you heard of fat yoga? It's a plus sized yoga class. They have them around unfortunately not near enough to me but you may want to check it out! Might be more comfortable to go to. The stick figures have always kept me away. Lol
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    they have Fat yoga? WHAT thats what I need. I use to do a yoga class years ago where I use to work. I worked at a college and one of the teachers would teach us it on our lunch and I loved it but then I moved away and tried to get back into it at another place and just felt out of place with all the tiny people. and it was hard.
  • AH_rhymes_with_FLY
    Options
    @Skittles2183 yes they do!! I think it's in major cities right now but studios are cropping up all over the place!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Nice, I will have to look into this. because I know I would feel a lot better trying that
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I will be checking into it as well. I haven't gotten too far into yoga yet but I want to. If I can find a class...it's on!
  • AH_rhymes_with_FLY
    Options
    Glad I could. Be of some help! Namaste ladies!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Check out chair yoga, yoga for over 60, yoga for handicap. I have done it n very fun!! Try over eating groups they should have a list. Good luck!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Abkuroneko
    Abkuroneko Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love yoga! I used to do it in the morning before work. I find it to be something that I can do at home and I'm more likely to push myself harder because I don't feel self conscious about what others around me think. It also helps with my flexibility. I have arthritis in my left knee, and I noticed a huge change in how much the pain I was in from it lessened. Now that I'm ready to get back on track, I plan to start up doing yoga again tonight. Maybe I'll work up the energy and oomph to go back to doing it in the mornings again, haha, but that would mean waking up at 4:30 or 5 am! Boo :p

Also what you said "I have always put everyone else before myself. I'm going to try and be more selfish. I know that sounds bad but I need to care for myself too not just everyone else." I know exactly how you feel. I'm a mother to a 4 year old and my husband has a work schedule that changes weekly, so everything is always left up to me. I feel like I spend my energy worrying about everyone else and then I'm left with no energy for myself. I think it's time that we start taking care of ourselves, or else there will be nothing left to take care of others! It's definitely not being selfish, and it's a hard mentality to break free from.
  • AH_rhymes_with_FLY
    Options
    It's so hard! But I have spent the last 16 days focusing on me and my health and now I am down 12.9 pounds! I sent you a friend request! Sorry I didn't check back sooner!