Exercise

Options
What exercise is everyone doing to keep fit? Have you modified it at all?

Replies

• marosel
    marosel Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get into an exercise routine. I know I should but I need more motivation.
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't have a routine either but try to do regular walking and yoga. Getting too cold for walking most of the time now so might start swimming as soon as i can find a swimsuit! Xx
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to feel good finally so I will be working out again. not sure what yet. I have been pinning pregnancy workouts on pintrest.
  • SMean1
    SMean1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just keep mine to walking, and LOW, LOW impact for some mild cardio. At my age one loses muscle easily so I have 3lb weights that I use for my arms and LaLa is right, there are some great pregnancy workouts on Pinterest. If you do not find a perfect one for you, just take pieces that are livable with your daily routine and find ways to work them in. Any movement so long as it doesn't endanger you or the baby is better than sitting around and becoming an "I just look like a had a baby" as an excuse to gain too much weight is great for the baby and a faster delivery! Best to you all.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm walking the pup daily (a big change from the last few weeks with extreme fatigue). I'm so happy to have our walkies again. Also doing prenatal yoga. Today I modified the ashtanga yoga primary series to be safe for prenatal. It made me feel like myself again to be doing (mostly) my normal routine. Still looking for a good strength training program and different cardio options.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was previously doing crossfit but after cutting that down from 5 days a week to 3 days a week to 2 days a week... I gave it up at 12 weeks and have been doing walk/jogging on the treadmill, zumba once a week, prenatal yoga a few times as a drop-in, and some light hand weights to maintain muscle tone. I'm finding after zumba or jogging I'm getting some pelvic discomfort and waddling a bit so not sure how long I'll keep it up. Hopefully this will pass and the belly will settle in for more comfortable cardio!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk, walk! I love walking, especially during pregnancy! It can be done anywhere, anytime, at any pace, for any length of time, with anyone (or no one)! Its low impact also makes it ideal. I would love to swim too, but don't have access to a pool.
  • amoods05
    amoods05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Walking is my friend. You can go as fast or slow as you're able and we have a treadmill so I'll turn up the incline for a bit more of a workout. I also just started lifting very light weights again
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I got on the spin bike for 20 mins... I want to run more but I've been so tired lately. So now I;m just trying to do a little each day.
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have definitely modified... my favorite workout is a high-intensity spin class with all kinds of intervals. My midwives have recommended that I keep an eye on my heart rate (generic recommendation of under 140 bpm, but specifically I should be able to talk), so I purchased a heart rate monitor and have been taking it easier in that class. I also stopped attending my hot yoga class, and am taking a weekly prenatal body class. Oh, and Tracey Anderson has a Pregnancy Project series I am doing super intermittently. :)

I am trying to keep up with my work outs, but to be honest I've just been too exhausted to work out more than 3 times a week... I am just entering my 2nd trimester though so am hoping that will end!

Is anyone planning on getting into prenatal yoga??
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Is anyone planning on getting into prenatal yoga??

I'm hoping I'll find a place once I start my second trimester, so that won't be for a little while still.

• patience2016
    patience2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I practice yoga 3-4 times a week, but I am very early into my first trimester. The recommendation is not to do inversions if you haven't done them before, go easy on the twists (twist from your upper back, not your stomach) and not do the "breath of fire". I want to join a cheap local gym and start walking. Could someone post their treadmill or eliptical workout, please? I am out of practice. Thanks!
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm walking and doing squats and some basic exercises with hand weights at home. I really want a gym membership or pool membership but it isn't in the budget right now. I'm trying to stay motivated and active though because I find myself taking it too easy lately. With my past pregnancies I worked the whole time so I was on my feet. I stopped working this time and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself :)