Macros during pregnancy??

Options
What have you all got your macros set as during pregnancy? What was you basis for choosing this and how is it working for you??

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Mine are still the pre-set ones from when I signed up. I don't really worry about them as long as I'm under my calorie goal. :) It's worked for me so far with reaching my goal weight and staying low with the pregnancy goal weight so far!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging but if I was, I would probably stick to what I normally keep them at:
    0.8-1g protein per lb body weight (I go by my pre-pregnancy weight)
    0.4-0.8g fat per lb
    Rest carbs

So for me it works out to be around 20%P/35%F/40%C
    Although right now my carb macro is probably wayyy higher than it should be, wooops! :p
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm set to 20 P 30 F 50 C. I believe I set it that way when I was researching for maintenance and strength training that I was doing. I haven't researched for pregnancy yet, but might change if I find sufficient evidence that something should be a higher or lower percentage. I'm really not that great at keeping within the macros though if I'm honest.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Up until my 3rd trimester I was at 30% protein, 20% fat and 50% carbs.... these last 2 months though I've let the fat % be higher due to knowing the baby is growing fat under his skin... so I allow more for that...
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I left my macros the same during pregnancy as before, 35 P, 25 F, 40 C. However I often ate more carbs, more like 25/25/50 and near the end of pregnancy I tried to up the fat a bit.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that is really helpful. I still have mine set to 50 carbs as well but I try to keep it a bit below - it is hard though as we love carbs in this family (used to live in Italy.....). I have several risk factors for gestational diabetes, so ideally I would keep carbs nearer to 40.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to 40 C, 30 P, 30 F but I generally go over on fat and under on protein. I'm pretty terrified of getting gestational diabetes as even though I am a normal weight, I have a strong family history of diabetes.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I change my settings from including sugar and (something else) to fiber and iron. I want to make sure I'm eating healthy and getting baby what he/she needs.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise you could do that, sounds great. I never have problems with fibre and iron though, much more worried about protein and not carb overloading. :)
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have mine set at 30% protein, 30% fat and 40% carbs. I usually go a little over in carbs because that's what I feel like eating the most (and it's not making me sick). I don't worry too much about it honestly, I just track so I'm not over in carbs by 100g every day and under in protein.