Dipping stuffs

Options
klkateri
klkateri Posts: 432 Member
So I'm new to Keto and right now it's been a lot of tuna fish for lunch with celery which is fine but I can tell it's going to get old fast. Also, I'd like something I can eat with cheese... like goat cheese or with a nice crab dip. So, I'm looking for an alternative for a chip or cracker that isn't just celery!! Any idea's?!

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people making cheese crackers, I've not tried myself but I'm sure they are good. I like to make tuna salad and spinach dip or any cheeses base dip (sausage dip w cream cheese and rotel) I do breakfast for lunch a lot when I'm home at lunch. Good luck!
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just made some cheese "crackers". Put some shredded cheese in a thin layer on cookie sheet. Bake in oven til all melty and edges start to brown. I removed and let cool til firm then cut into cracker sized pieces with a pizza cutter. Used them to dip some guacamole today. Made them with taco flavored cheese.

I also noticed that King Arthur almond flour has a recipe on back for crackers.

Lunches could also be some sliced ham and cheese rolled up with a dill pickle. A simple salad topped with a meat. Hamburgers without a bun, just eat with a fork (what I had today). Leftovers from the night before. There are several post out there floating on the boards with some great lunch ideas. I also make homemade ham salad which is good in a pinch. I use the recipe found on the Atkins site.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Heading now to look up ham salad recipe thanks!
  • SoosannahK
    Options
    @ettaterrell That is one of my hubby's favorites and super easy to make in food processor.

https://www.atkins.com/recipes/classic-ham-salad/1069
    Here's the recipe :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Pork skins are good for dipping too!
  • klkateri
    Options
    I do like the cheese cracker idea... i think i had those once at a party and they were so tasty!! I was thinking of some lox rolled up with cream cheese for later in the week as well
  • SoosannahK
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    I do like the cheese cracker idea... i think i had those once at a party and they were so tasty!! I was thinking of some lox rolled up with cream cheese for later in the week as well

I love sandwich size pepperoni with cream cheese rolled up in it, My all time fav snack. Not a fan of lox, I cant get past the texture. But lox is good with cream cheese with green onions mixed into it on a cucumber slice.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    I've never heard of lox? I have to try the cream cheese and pepperoni idea!!
  • SoosannahK
    Options
    I've never heard of lox? I have to try the cream cheese and pepperoni idea!!

It is brined salmon. Closest thing I can get to lox around here is thinly sliced smoked salmon and it is very pricey.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Oh love smoked salmon! Thanks for explaining
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds, snap peas, and cucumber slices are my favorite dippers.... And then there is always the spoon. ;)

:p Oh. My... That's genius! Why didn't I think of that?! Thank you! I am making myself nachos for my birthday treat in a couple of weeks. Wicked. :)
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to make those nachos...YUM
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I will be making them too! Yum!!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    sliced cucumber is good for topping with crumbly feta or a slice of cheddar...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love tuna mixed with mayo and dill pickle relish on cucumber rounds. I've also made it with mayo, avocado and some guacamole seasoning mix.
    I often just use a spoon to eat some dips, like guacamole and cheeseball. At a party recently, I really wanted some of the French onion dip they had out with the chips so I put some in the middle of a piece of sliced turkey from the deli tray and a piece of provolone and rolled it up. People were looking at me weird. I figure they were just thinking "What an awesome idea"! Lol
    I've also used slices of bell peppers, celery of course, pork rinds and the firm parts of romaine lettuce.
  • klkateri
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas!! And those nacho's look wonderful!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    How about raw cauliflower, broccoli or mushrooms? Also, some people like pork rinds, although they are not my favorites. I make almond crackers every once in a while, but they are addictive.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I made "tortillas" out of almond meal/flax seed once...I'll see if I can dig up how I did it

edit: I believe this is the recipe. I used my tortilla press, as suggested and cut them into quarters before baking.

ukifcrw5ar0y.jpg
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am having baked sesame tofu sticks with peanutbutter, tahini and ginger sauce for dinner tonight from KalynsKitchen.com