Graduate Macros or Freestyle?

Options
MPower1987
MPower1987 Posts: 16 Member
edited December 2015 in Social Groups
I've seen a few posts from people who haven't had the best experience with their BC macros.

What is everyone doing on here? Have you followed them or gone it alone?

Replies

• aimodee
    aimodee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will be using cutting macros from healthylivingheavylifting website
    sorry wouldn't let me paste link
    I graduate in a week
  • MPower1987
    MPower1987 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What's that based on? I've seen lots about 40P:40C:20F for weight loss?
  • miazul
    miazul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good question - I seem to be eating a lot of food with my BC macros....
  • ChristineDavies2
    ChristineDavies2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm staying with my graduate macros/1742 calories - it seems quite comfortable for me re the quantity of food. If you think you have too much food, just cut the calories by 100 for a week, keeping the macro ratio and see how you feel.
  • rachelmcrosby
    rachelmcrosby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I graduated in October and now following the LDNM bikini guide. Enjoying the weight sessions and also the freedom with meals. Logging into MFP all the time can get a bit tiresome mind. Just bought joes new recipe book. Finding the calories and fats high so gong to have to tweak to fit macros.
  • danni988
    danni988 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with my macros they seem so high I'm smashing loads of carbs on rest day to try and fit it all in and I'm so full! I said I wanted to carry on fat loss but my cals are 2229 c:184 p:213 f:79 on a rest day! I'm happy to carry on with these and try and smash the food down but just wondered if anyone else had macros like this before I turn myself into a porker lol!
  • kashb87
    kashb87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My macros seem unreal with my calorie count alone being 2913! I'm using them as a guide but I have to say, I'm finding it hard hitting everything. Today I have 3G of protein left but 35g of fat and 53g of carbs (535 calories). I physically can't eat anymore so I'm happy stopping here. No need to make myself sick
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, when you graduate do they give you your calorie intake depending on what you want to continue doing and macros? I'm around the time to graduate but I keep putting it off.
  • ChristineDavies2
    ChristineDavies2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The BC guys show you the calories but it's the macros you're interested in.
  • mtol_helen
    mtol_helen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm using the BC macros, ish. I have programmed MFP with the rest day macros. If I go a bit over my carbs on a training day, I don't worry too much, and if I go under on my rest day that's fine. I always hit the protein and calories though.
    I'm diabetic and the training day amount of carbs is just too much. I have found that my 2063 cals at 5ft2 is working for me to lose weight :)