Plateau...frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Totally change up your menu. Adding things like fish and tofu helped me. Sometimes upping your fat will help too. Switch to decaff coffee.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I do not believe in plateaus in my case. I think when I have a period of no weight loss it is just my body doing what is best for it at the time and I typically stay with LCHF without shaking up my choice of foods much. As long as my health markers are improving and I am not gaining new weight I am good to go. My goal is not to lose weight but to increase by life span by improving my overall health even though I am 25 pounds from my goal.

I read no stop and there is so much more to understand about LCHF so I keep reading and eating LCHF WOE.
  • CrewZen
    CrewZen Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Looks like a lot of good advice. The only thing I'll add is to consider a liver cleanse (Instead of a homemade one I use Renew Life's 7 day total body cleanse....

and if you've never tried Intermittent Fasting, look into that. The last few days I've had some interesting results not eating between 8-9 at night and 12-1 the next day - AND doing at least 10 minutes on my erg (rowing machine) while in a fasted state - usually right before I eat the lunch. I went out for mexican and stuffed myself - although stuck with LCHF - and still lost a little.

So nice that you are close to your goal weight!
    Good luck!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Such a timely thread. Thanks @CMYKRGB for starting it and thanks to those responding! I have been stalled for about 6 weeks. It's making me crazy as I have a lot to lose. Although I want to moan and whine, I feel better now...thanks again.☺️

We'll work through this together =)
  • CMYKRGB
    Options
    All such great advice, thank you so much!

Stress, that's a way of life for me as I own and operate a company and manage employees. I exercise and have hobbies to de-stress, though sometimes even that's not enough.

I think I'll try to keep my carb intake (such as it is) to earlier in the day, and eat dinner earlier. I'll definitely listen to the podcast, too.
  • CMYKRGB
    Options
    P.S. Today, I did see a 1.4 lb drop since Jan 3, tentative, of course, because it's up and down so much, but I'm taking it!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @CMYKRGB Another option to consider if your eating habits are at the optimal place is to trade the elliptical for some free weights or even some high intensity strength training. The first time I lost a lot of weight that helped me really change my metabolism when my weight loss was stalled, my cardio routine was getting me nowhere, though I'm sure it was good for my heart.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 1.4 lb drop!
  • CMYKRGB
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @PaleoInScotland I'll keep that in mind. I just started the elliptical last week and have only just started improving on it (increased revolutions). I also am working into weights. I've only done a few days, more to familiarize myself with the different stations.

Thx @lowjax75 It was a pleasant surprise =)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I agree with starting a lifting program also take measurements, you can be getting smaller without losing weight as your body composition changes.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    CrewZen wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of good advice. The only thing I'll add is to consider a liver cleanse (Instead of a homemade one I use Renew Life's 7 day total body cleanse....

and if you've never tried Intermittent Fasting, look into that. The last few days I've had some interesting results not eating between 8-9 at night and 12-1 the next day - AND doing at least 10 minutes on my erg (rowing machine) while in a fasted state - usually right before I eat the lunch. I went out for mexican and stuffed myself - although stuck with LCHF - and still lost a little.

So nice that you are close to your goal weight!
    Good luck!

I hit a plateau last year, but it was mainly because I was eating at maintenance and am too greedy to drop it lower. So I stuck in some fasting and had a 36 hour fast once a week. It wasn't too hard after the first week or so and helped break through the plateau for me to move back to about 1lb a week loss. @DittoDan started a great keto and water fasting group that has some good tips.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Such a timely thread. Thanks @CMYKRGB for starting it and thanks to those responding! I have been stalled for about 6 weeks. It's making me crazy as I have a lot to lose. Although I want to moan and whine, I feel better now...thanks again.☺️

I am finally down a pound this morning! I am not going to over analyze it; I am simply going to take it and be happy to bounce between 214-215 rather than 215-216! Slow progress but progress nonetheless.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options

I am finally down a pound this morning! I am not going to over analyze it; I am simply going to take it and be happy to bounce between 214-215 rather than 215-216! Slow progress but progress nonetheless.

Congrats! Amazing how good something as small as a pound can make us feel.
  • CMYKRGB
    Options
    The occasional fasting sounds easy enough. I'd live to join the Keto and fasting group @totaloblivia I sent a msg to @DittoDan for more info.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I took @GaleHawkins approach when I stalled in the fall. I had dropped the first 35 lbs pretty rapidly, then nothing. I took it as a sign that my body needed some adjustment time so I just stuck with my same foods and indulged a little here and there over the holidays. When I went back to strict LCHF after the new year, I started losing again.

I wouldn't stress too much about it. As long as you keep eating healthy, your body will catch up when it's ready.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @CMYKRGB .. I've been going through a plateau for the last couple months. I was so frustrated this a.m. when I got on the scale. I have treat days around every 2 weeks to try and shake things up, but that hasn't worked. I haven't made any major changes, I guess that's why I'm not seeing any results. After reading this thread I'm going to give up on the nuts....starting tomorrow (already ate some today) and I'm going to increase my carb intake to 50-100 grams for a month, then back down to 20. I'm going to try my best to stay away from a scale until my first week back at 20gr or less.

I would like to know what works for you too. Good luck!!!!!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    The occasional fasting sounds easy enough. I'd live to join the Keto and fasting group @totaloblivia I sent a msg to @DittoDan for more info.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10248092/water-fasting-and-keto-recipe/p1

Is the link to the group I started.

Dan