How about that new Fit Bit Blaze?

Options
2»

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited about this. I planned on getting the pink Zip to start with and then I was gonna save up for the Surge. But I ended up getting the pink Flex for Christmas and now I'm gonna be saving up for the Blaze. Unfortunately from what I've seen I've only seen pink Zips and Flexes, so I might end up getting the Blaze in plum color if they don't have it in pink when it comes out. I wish they made all the Fitbit models in a variety of colors.
    You can change the band. I'm sure they'll come out with something that tickles your fancy. :wink:
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I'm really excited about this. I planned on getting the pink Zip to start with and then I was gonna save up for the Surge. But I ended up getting the pink Flex for Christmas and now I'm gonna be saving up for the Blaze. Unfortunately from what I've seen I've only seen pink Zips and Flexes, so I might end up getting the Blaze in plum color if they don't have it in pink when it comes out. I wish they made all the Fitbit models in a variety of colors.
    You can change the band. I'm sure they'll come out with something that tickles your fancy. :wink:

That's awesome. Hopefully it'll be something that Fitbit will do since they're ones creating the tracker and know what would and wouldn't work with it. I usually order stuff online and whenever I do I'm great about it, but I don't want to risk getting the wrong wristband online if it didn't work out, like if it was the wrong size or something. I know when I was saving up for the Zip I noticed there were these wristbands online at Amazon and Best Buy and whatnot from a WoCase brand or something, that you can put your Fitbit Zip in and wear it as a wristband, but I would've hated myself if the wristband was too big or too small, or broke easily, or destroyed the Fitbit. I know nothing about the company, so I have no idea if their products are any good, and these trackers don't seem to be cheap, so replacing them isn't always easy. I was thinking how much easier it would've been if it was something that Fitbit had made for the Zip. I received the Flex as a Christmas gift because they figured I wouldn't lose it like I would with the Zip because the Flex doesn't clip on, but the wristband is really uncomfortable, especially when I'm using the computer mouse or sleeping. Hopefully the Blaze will have better wristbands and they'll make a ton to choose from. I'm not a fan of the black wristband, so I definitely wouldn't be getting that one. It would also be cool if they made some wristbands with designs on them.
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd like to save up for a Blaze with the stainless steel wristband. I hate the rubbery band of my Charge HR, but love the functionality of my Fitbit. So a Blaze with a lovely band would be great and I imagine it would last ages. The rubbery bands just won't last ages, especially wearing it all the time. And while I agree the Blaze is huge for a woman, it looks nice to me and I really want one :)
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome. I noticed how small the wristband sizes are. I barely fit in the large pink wristband for the Flex. My niece was playng with the small one, and it fit her. haha I'm guessing small wristbands are for kids? So it'd be nice to have them come in different sizes. The rubber wristbands are too stiff for me. I've been wearing mine everyday since Christmas and it still annoys me sometimes.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pointless attempt to battle it out with Apple. No GPS like the surge and its still not waterproof like the garmin.

I'll stick with my surge for now.
  • ParadiseLost91
    ParadiseLost91 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It doesn't really seem to do anything that my Charge HR doesn't already do, so I think I'll pass :)
    I also just got an Apple Watch for Christmas, and yes it feels chunky on my wrist.. I have small wrists.
    It's OK because I got the one with a beautiful leather band which I think makes it feminine and I don't mind wearing it, but anything bigger is a no-no.

I actually happen to like the rubber band that is my FitBit. No, rubber isn't stylish and I would never wear it for a night out, but it's so slim that I don't think it overwhelms your look. I got mine in black and it suits most of my clothes, so I don't feel like it screams out too loud that I'm wearing a rubber band.

But gosh, that Apple Watch with the rose gold watch frame and the purple strap... To die for! Shame it doesn't come in leather in that colour, I would have chosen it then.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if the Misfit product designs came with the Fitbit interface and ecosystem. Best of both worlds.
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    I think it's their effort to make the Charge HR or Surge less of an exercise device and more of a stylish watch that can be worn out in public. Unfortunately, as usually happens with these things, they failed utterly to appreciate that the majority of their market is women. This thing would look fine on a man's wrist but it's totally off for women's styles.

I'll stick to my recently purchased Charge HR. Maybe one day, one of these companies will actually hire some women in the design and executive teams to understand how to market to women.

So out think the Apple Watch was also marketed just for men too? I mean I like how FitBit is release a bunch of colors for their ChargeHR. Does that try to solve the problem?

I had the Surge and traded that for a 38' Apple watch which I absolutely love. Yes its bit more Techy but isn't bulky or cumbersome and sits flat on my 13.5cm wrist so super small and it fits great.
    If you are after a total sports watch then I would go for the new Blast but as sports watches go, thats exactly what they are.
    I wore my Apple with the white band with my lovely white xmas dress and it didntook out of place either, but my Surge would of.