NEW to MFP - so excited!

Options
meltinglbs
meltinglbs Posts: 20 Member
Hey everyone! I am brand new to MFP and will be having VSG this spring. I'm excited to connect with other bariatric folks who hopefully I can learn from!

Replies

• Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. This is an awesome group. I had my surgery (VSG) 11/23/15. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I will answer any questions as best as I can. If you go back and read some older posts you will find a wealth of info.
  • meltinglbs
    meltinglbs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tawnykakers1!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's a great group, and good source of information and support. Welcome!
  • xickel
    xickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome, meltinglbs! Congrats on your upcoming surgery - that is exciting! I had bypass surgery in April 2015 and I've been on MFP for about a week and a half and have found everyone to be very supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :) I'm planning on having bypass surgery in about a month or two. This group has been sooooo helpful for tips, advice, and support. You've definitely come to the right place. Please, add me as well if you'd like!
  • Bluemajestic
    Bluemajestic Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'll be having WLS this Spring as well. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had vsg in 2010, then converted to RNY (because of bile reflux that wouldn't stop!) a year ago! I began mfp back in 2012, but became active last year and it's helped me change my life! I hope you find the same results!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @Tawnykakers1 is right, it is well worth your time to go back & read through some of the older conversation threads. I really learned a lot by doing this. Good luck with your preparations. You're in the right place here!
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved August 10, 2015. Time goes so fast! This group was SO amazing and helpful and supportive. Welcome!
  • cberenholz
    cberenholz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 4 weeks post op and finally feeling better about having the VSG. The first three weeks were really hard for me both physically and mentally.I actually regretted having the surgery. It feels like time is going by so slow.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @cberenholz - I promise, it gets better/easier fast. You'll see noticeable progress week by week. You'll feel better week by week. Just work your program and trust in it.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone here is so supportive and has fantastic advice. Feel free to add me - I was sleeved almost a year ago now (2/17/15).