January goal

Options
lesliewynn14
lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
My goal for January is to loose 6 pounds. I'm currently at 163.4. My plan is pretty much the same as what I've been doing so far. Log all of my food, stay at 1200 calories, drink water, walk, and log all food and walking onto MFP.

Replies

• JayThomas2
    JayThomas2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I bet you'll nail it :smile:
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 5 pounds down in January and at least 5 days a week workouts.
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to limit junk food and eat more vegetables and lean proteins for the next 21 days.
  • ashafraz
    ashafraz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least 4 lbs. I put on a few pounds throughout the Christmas season, so I'm up to 303.6. I want to be under 300 lbs! Once I get below 300 lbs, I'm buying myself a massage. I've never had a professional massage before and I figure that losing 70 lbs is a reason enough to treat myself to my first one. :)
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Aims...
    • -2lb/week - started January at 18st 10lb, hopefully I'll be around 18st 2lb come month-end.
    • Run twice per week
    • Gym once per week
    • Badminton once per week
    • Cut out the snacking that crept in over Christmas

Going to be tough, but what's the point in challenging myself, if it's easy.
  • LoriGarside
    LoriGarside Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want to:

1) walk 3 miles a day (which I've been doing - YAY)
    2) lose 4-6 pounds
    3) log my foods honestly (which I've been doing)
    4) exercise at least 3 times a week (which I'm doing, as long as my back allows)
    5) make healthy snacks instead of the crap my roommates keep in the house (it's not easy being the only one watching what she eats)

• sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am now to the point in my weight loss (119 pounds lost) that my body is losing weight at it's own speed, which is a lot slower than I would like! But as long as I am losing I am ok. Because of that I no longer put a pounds loss goal. Instead, I make a behavior goal. If I track every day, keep within my calories (eating back no more than half of my exercise calories), make my fitness goal every week I know I am doing what I need to do to lose weight. My body wil follow in its own time. Right now an injury has limited my exercise routine, but I will continue to do what I can within the limits set by my doctor. However, that means that I have to be even more diligent at keeping within my base calories as my exercise calories won't be adding up to much. :'(
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    • I would like to lose 3lbs by the end of January. That's one pound a week and it should get me to my ultimate goal by my birthday (Feb 3rd).
    • To actually start Jillian Michaels's 30 day shred tomorrow and be at least 21 days through it by the end of January
    • To actually run more and improve my endurance/time.

I tend to be a bit crap at achieving all the goals I set so at least one or two would be nice.
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    • I would like to lose 3lbs by the end of January. That's one pound a week and it should get me to my ultimate goal by my birthday (Feb 3rd).
    • To actually start Jillian Michaels's 30 day shred tomorrow and be at least 21 days through it by the end of January

I tend to be a bit crap at achieving all the goals I set so at least one or two would be nice.

I just started the 30 day shred 2 days ago and I can feel it in my legs and chest, lol. I bought the Jillian Michaels collection so got the 30 day shred, Boost metabolism-burn fat, no more trouble zones and 6-pack in 6 weeks.

Haven't tried any of the others yet, as I want to finish the shred DVD first. I was surprised at how quickly the workout finished, and like the exercises that are done (apart from the push-ups :neutral:. I have problems with my shoulders and elbows so find them quite hard.)
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 5lbs in January. I think it's achievable now that we're finally past the stage of having Christmas goodies in the house.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options

I just started the 30 day shred 2 days ago and I can feel it in my legs and chest, lol. I bought the Jillian Michaels collection so got the 30 day shred, Boost metabolism-burn fat, no more trouble zones and 6-pack in 6 weeks.

Haven't tried any of the others yet, as I want to finish the shred DVD first. I was surprised at how quickly the workout finished, and like the exercises that are done (apart from the push-ups :neutral:. I have problems with my shoulders and elbows so find them quite hard.)

I've got a chest infection and I'm on antibiotics but I managed to get Day 1 done today (Day 4 of meds) and like you, I was really surprised how fast it went. I do reverse push ups rather than modified from the knee ones, I find that they work more on the core/legs than the arms/back. Basically, you start flat on your stomach with your toes tucked and push up with the whole of your body including arms before letting yourself drop down. Don't stick your butt out too much or you'll hurt your back. What got me were the lunges with bicep curls. I have balance issues from an old ankle injury so I was wobbling all over my kitchen! It's definitely something I'm excited to keep doing, at least for Phase 1. :blush:

If you try any of the others let me know, I'm always open to more DVD recommendations. Ministry of Sound's Pump It Up is what got me started with all this.
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 5 pounds this month...and 5-6 days of workouts per week. :) I'm currently following the schedule for Turbo Fire.
  • Dyana1109
    Dyana1109 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have decided I am going to fully commit to finally lose this weight once and for all! I've been using MFP for just over a week now and am looking to lose 52 pounds by summer. I am only 5 feet tall so that is obesity for me. However I always had alot of muscle in me so I look much smaller than what I actually weigh. I needs supporters to keep me going!

Goal for this month is to lose 8-10 pounds?

SW: 207
    CW: 203
    FGW: 175
    EGWL: 155
  • got2rockit
    got2rockit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want to get back on track this month!! I've been inconsistent since I returned from christmas vacation. This week is a crazy week for my kids activities, so I am not beating myself up over not getting a workout in - its just not going to happen until the wknd. I AM focusing on my diet. Trying to make good choices and watch portions.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    January has been difficult so far for me to focus on loosing weight. It is coming off slowly but I need to get back into the more serious frame of mind that I had prior to the holidays.
  • ljredwood
    ljredwood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 12 pounds. I know it's a large number. I'm drinking 1-2 green smoothie & eating 1-2 healthy meals a day.
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started this week so my goal is to track my food and start exercising. Get familiar with the program and make some friends. If I can drop 4 pounds that would be a great BONUS!
  • lanne4c
    lanne4c Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure i want to put a number out there and get disappointed so i'm going to try to do some behavior goals as well. so my goals are
    -track for the month
    -try to be active 4 days a week (finally was able to start last night)
    -try to cut most sugars out (so far so good no sugar drinks since 2 days after xmas, and not too many sweet treats either)

I think if I can keep these goals this month i can add for next month and maybe add in a small number.
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    cpw2109 wrote: »
    Aims...
    • -2lb/week - started January at 18st 10lb, hopefully I'll be around 18st 2lb come month-end.
    • Run twice per week
    • Gym once per week
    • Badminton once per week
    • Cut out the snacking that crept in over Christmas

Going to be tough, but what's the point in challenging myself, if it's easy.

So far...

I'm behind on weight lost - I had 2 weeks of no loss. We'll see what this week brings.

Run has happened once.

Gym has happened once.

Badminton has happened

Snacking has been cut out (but only very recently, which I think explains why my scale loss has stopped
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I reached my mini-goal and lost 5.8 lbs in January. Here's hoping for another five in February...